AutoTune in 32inch quad result in strange PIDs, crash in next flight

We would need to see your .bin log file to help more.
Please describe your components in detail.

At low speeds in loiter mode, we dont see any problem. the main problem of the big and heavy drones, are the braking behaviour in loiter, after a long run in high speed. the recuperation and oscilations in these brakings are dangerous.

with standard speeds in loiter, about 500-700 cm/s, the drone flies perfect. there is enough speed for these drones.

therefore, we want to setup the notch filter too, to improve the global performance

Hi Shawn, Thanks for the offer! I would make a new and clean new topic with all the bin files and descriptions. For now it’s ok.

We flew a lot yesterday to set up the notch filter and the right rates with autotune (we got pretty much the same result as your pid screen). After a while of tuning the loiter behavior wasn’t getting better. We looked at the rate controllers, the vibrations, the notch filtering, but that was all pretty good, so we started tuning the loiter P values. That actually helped a lot, especially with the breaking behavior.

Thanks for the help!

Kind regards
Jan

Could you tell me the frecuencies and the setup of the notch filter to this quad?

we do not touch the P values of the loiter, only the speeds and accelerations

hello @PVR2022, I have the same problem with my heavy hexacopter, can you check this thread and check the videos? I think you are describing what im facing. How did you fix it?

https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/min-tow-max-tow-what-unit-are-are-grams-or-kilos/

Thanks!