Auto Mode Not Arming

Guys Im Having A Pixhawk Cube Black. And i recently noticed that its not geting armed in Auto Mode… But it gets armed in Stable, Pos.Hold and Loiter Modes with out any issue…I have tried to arm in Pos.Hold or Stable modes and then switch to Auto,but it doesn’t switch. I was using firmware 3.5 and i didn’t notice anything as such since recently i upgraded to 3.6. Did any of you guys experience any thing same?
** I recently adjusted the RC1_DZ and RC2_DZ to fix Pos.Hold drifting issue… but even if i reverse the values to what it was no luck

Kind Regards
Sanks
(With Love from Sri Lanka)

Is not possible to arm the copter in auto mode. You would be able to arm it in other mode (Loiter, AltHold, Stabilized, etc) and then flip it in auto mode while the copter is still in the ground. I don’t really recommend doing this procedure, as it can be dangerous if the copter have any navigation issues, like the compass not being well calibrated.

If you are not able to switch into Auto mode while the copter is armed it might be because you would need to comply with some nav checks, like having a 3Dfix in the GPS.

Aaha I was not aware of not able to arm in Auto mode.:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing: ThankYou…
I can arm in Pos HoldStab and Loiter Modes and still canot flip to Auto, it says " Flight Mode Change Failed " but I have a strong GPS Lock and I Have Selected " All " in Pre Arm Chek List… All This Hapent Recently… I belive This got nothing to do with the SD card as I havent used one…
Last chage i did was the firmware update from 3.5 to 3.6 and adjust the RC1 & RC2 Dead Zones (reverted back to original values but no use)

Well…

it’s in the docs

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/auto-mode.html#auto-mode

You must arm your copter before you can engage AUTO mode. See Arming the motors for details on how to arm your copter.

If starting the mission while the copter is on the ground the pilot should ensure the throttle is down, then switch to the Auto flight mode, then raise the throttle. The moment that the throttle is raised above zero, the copter will begin the mission.

Hiiii…

As for the docs the copter should be armed in a different flight mode and toggle to Auto. I have try that before to arm it in stable, Loiter, Pod Hold modes 1st and toggle to Auto But Copter emits a Two beeps and in the mission planer it says ‘‘Mode Not Armable’’ GPS is ok as it gets armed and GPS lock in pos hold and loiter… in my mission planer, Every thing is checked in Pre Arm Check List. Wonder What would be the issue… But for ur my concern does it must to have a mission loaded to Arm in auto mode?

Yes, it also needs to have a mission loaded on the copter to switch to automatic mode. Without a mission it won’t switch to auto.

2 Likes

Holy Crap :rofl::rofl::rofl: ill try it today with a mission loaded… thanks Bro

Regards
Sanks
(With Love from Sri Lanka)

1 Like

Hey…
It worked thank you soo soo much… I used to think I was able to switch to auto mode withnout any mission loaded…which i used to do any ways thank you so much once again

Regards
Sanka
Sanka
(With Love from Sri Lanka :sri_lanka: )