Auto Mission and Takeoff

42c? yuck. The weather is really mild right now so I’m only about 41 degrees cooler.

Google is asking for a password for the log file.

fixed the link Bin.log

Something odd with the flaperons. (or at least it looks odd to me)

During normal control movements the left flaperon and aileron channel move together as I would expect. The right flaperon channel consistently a higher value. I noticed the trim for the right flaperon was set to 1595, and the left was 1500. I don’t know if SERVO_AUTO_TRIM will adjust flaperons or not, or if you adjusted that. Either way, it seems justifiable.

However when you start to make more aggressive roll inputs things don’t make sense. The right flaperon does not follow the aileron and left flaperon. The flap system is not engaged so I would expect the two to move consistently. I would argue that if the ailerons don’t move equally (or at least consistently) then you may be seeing differing adverse yaw.

I don’t know what would cause this. I remember a discussion some time ago about trims and flaperons.

I know it’s too late for this plane but for the sake of anyone reading in the future: To troubleshoot this I would suggest reverting channel 1 and 9 back to normal aileron channels and test flying to see if the yaw issue is still there.

As for the OSD problem, I don’t know why it said the wrong mode. That’s above my pay grade.

1 Like

Well all is not lost going to start a build of the plane but will up size to 3m wing and Dle 55RA cc

1 Like

What engine are you going to use?

Dle 55RA fitted with AutoStart

Looks like you favor twins, so I’m guessing you have experience in synchronizing the motors? Unsync’d motors on a twin will cause yaw.

the log i was able to look at had 10m/s (22.4mph) as landing airspeed. that’s getting pretty slow, especially without flaps. are you sure your plane can maintain a decent sink rate that slow with no flaps?
may others correct me if im wrong, but setting TECS_LAND_ARSPD to 10 will cause the autoland sequence to try and attain that speed, especially with your TECS_LAND_SPDWGT set to 2 (weighting to speed, not height).
so, its possible the plane will stall if it’s too high and too slow, or the spdwgt will drive it into the ground at 10m/s regardless of height.

that’s what though but it was not i cut the throttle in one flight and it still did it and i did check it with Tac

it was very light wing loading it would fly at 11 mph it was very hard to get it to stall an then it would only drop the nose a little

Question
setting Stall speed for Auto landings
should i use the stall speed without flaps or set the stall speed with flaps there is a big difference in stall speed ??

Might be safest to start with stall speed without flaps (or just at touch slower). Then dial it down as you have things tuned in better and you’re more comfortable with the plane. This route will prevent you from taking full advantage of the flaps but should keep you out of trouble in the early stages. If the auto flap settings are proving reliable then try dealing down the landing speeds to take full advantage of the flaps.

got the plans to size 3m wing and 2.4 fuse

2 Likes

well made a start as its been to windy to go flying

2 Likes

well i put the 3m gas version on hole and started to build new fuselage to replace the old one as i still have the wing in one piece it was only the fuse that got brocken

well i have built new one used the same wing tuning in progress

1 Like

now to start on the up size version which is 3.2 meter wingspan dle 55 with and auto starter
i have cut out fuze and started cutting the wing ribs