Auto Mission and Takeoff

last outing with out ranger finder looks like that was not my issues
and the first flight off the day it grease landing like a pro ( better than me Lol )
just the take_off went off runway

rebuild

Setup is High wing with twin engine
any tips or hints will be grateful

with black cube
here2 gps and a here gps
rfd900x for telemetry
Frsky X8R receiver with Frsky pass-through
Lightware LW20/C Laser Range Finder for landings

here is bin tlog param WP files

I have 3 issues
1 in take_off or auto mode plane veers off the runway in

2 speed between waypoint all over the place

mission planer OSD https://youtu.be/32d5bZZuWcI

stall and drop on auto landings

this is a video of the flight

If one was to put in a wrong magnetic declination and do a compass calibration what would that do to auto takeoff

well got the seed fixed ( 2 speed between waypoint all over the place )

been at this for some time now i cant get to take off down the run way
does not matter where i point it North or South its just like theirs no ground steering

Update still the same cant get it to auto mission from takeoff to land on the runway

i have now install an orange cube with here3 GPS and here2 still have the same issues takeoff veers off runway landing same never land on the runway thank for throttle abort the first auto landing drove to the ground just missed the ground
logs bin param wp files
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RbfOQJC6m5onXrepivoX3T73Z2qYY7fD/view?usp=sharing

here is a video

Access denied on drive.
We need to see the logs.
Your vehicle is flying too fast when approaching to the landing zone.
Also, give more space to the vehicle before final turn and descending.
You are turning too near to the landing zone and giving very short distance to the vehicle for descending and landing.
From what i see on the pictures, you don’t have flaps, right?
Your vehicle is way too good to approach this much poorly.
I was landing within 20 meters far from the landing waypoint with a vehicle like this (FT Legacy).

Hi Mustafa thanks for your time
i fixed the link i think
the last turn is over 260 meters = ( 853 feet ) at 23 metes high = 75 foot
no flaps

I found that setting up the pre-flare options on the auto landing really help to slow it down before touch down and dial in the landing point. I find that the landings I set up mission planner seem to have a longer approach than I would use if I were flying manually. They probably aren’t that different, but it feels that way when you’re watching.

GROUND_STEER_DPS,90
if i lower it to 50 will this slow down ground steering it very quick to respond so some time i over correct it

made some changes to the params

THR_FAILSAFE,1
THR_FS_VALUE,950
THR_MAX,100
THR_MIN,0
THR_PASS_STAB,0
THR_SLEWRATE,100
THR_SUPP_MAN,0
THROTTLE_NUDGE,0
TKOFF_ACCEL_CNT,1
TKOFF_ALT,50
TKOFF_DIST,150
TKOFF_FLAP_PCNT,0
TKOFF_LVL_ALT,20
TKOFF_LVL_PITCH,15
TKOFF_PLIM_SEC,2
TKOFF_ROTATE_SPD,11
TKOFF_TDRAG_ELEV,90
TKOFF_TDRAG_SPD1,8.5
TKOFF_THR_DELAY,2
TKOFF_THR_MAX,0
TKOFF_THR_MINACC,0
TKOFF_THR_MINSPD,0
TKOFF_THR_SLEW,30
TKOFF_TIMEOUT,0
TRIM_ARSPD_CM,2000
TRIM_AUTO,0
TRIM_PITCH_CD,0
TRIM_THROTTLE,75
TECS_APPR_SMAX,0
TECS_CLMB_MAX,5
TECS_HGT_OMEGA,3
TECS_INTEG_GAIN,0.1
TECS_LAND_ARSPD,11
TECS_LAND_DAMP,0.5
TECS_LAND_IGAIN,0
TECS_LAND_PDAMP,0
TECS_LAND_PMAX,10
TECS_LAND_SINK,0.2
TECS_LAND_SPDWGT,2
TECS_LAND_SRC,0
TECS_LAND_TCONST,2
TECS_LAND_TDAMP,0
TECS_LAND_THR,-1
TECS_OPTIONS,0
TECS_PITCH_MAX,15
TECS_PITCH_MIN,0
TECS_PTCH_DAMP,0
TECS_RLL2THR,10
TECS_SINK_MAX,2
TECS_SINK_MIN,1.5
TECS_SPD_OMEGA,2
TECS_SPDWEIGHT,1
TECS_SYNAIRSPEED,0
TECS_THR_DAMP,0.5
TECS_TIME_CONST,5.2
TECS_TKOFF_IGAIN,0
TECS_VERT_ACC,7
LAND_ABORT_DEG,0
LAND_ABORT_THR,1
LAND_DISARMDELAY,15
LAND_DS_ABORTALT,0
LAND_DS_AIL_SCL,1
LAND_DS_APP_EXT,50
LAND_DS_ARSP_MAX,15
LAND_DS_ARSP_MIN,11
LAND_DS_D,0
LAND_DS_ELEV_PWM,1500
LAND_DS_I,0
LAND_DS_IMAX,0
LAND_DS_L1,30
LAND_DS_L1_I,0
LAND_DS_L1_TCON,0.4
LAND_DS_P,0
LAND_DS_SLEW_SPD,0.5
LAND_DS_SLOPE_A,1
LAND_DS_SLOPE_B,1
LAND_DS_V_DWN,2
LAND_DS_V_FWD,1
LAND_DS_YAW_LIM,10
LAND_FLAP_PERCNT,0
LAND_FLARE_ALT,2
LAND_FLARE_SEC,1.5
LAND_PF_ALT,10
LAND_PF_ARSPD,0
LAND_PF_SEC,6
LAND_PITCH_CD,1
LAND_SLOPE_RCALC,2
LAND_THEN_NEUTRL,0
LAND_THR_SLEW,0
LAND_TYPE,0
LEVEL_ROLL_LIMIT,5

1 Like

RIP first flight of the day rip out the gear not going to repair it

That’s too bad. Sorry to hear it.

one think i did notices it was drifting off the to the edge of the run way

do i need to make smaller radius it is set to 30 meters

I noticed you placed Do Land Start between wp 6 and 8 - I’ve been trying to understand what that waypoint is for. it’s my understanding that it does absolutely nothing, UNLESS the plane is coming in too high and it automatically aborts and does a go-around. in that case, it aims straight for wp 7 and tries again.

if that’s true, then the placement of Do Land Start wp 7 is really really important! in your case, it might turn around and hit a tree on it’s way back. same for me, as my field has trees on both sides of the runway.

So maybe that wp should be at the end of the runway instead of the beginning of the runway, where you have wp 1. that would be safer. am I correct?

the name, DO Land Start, sure makes it sound like it’s getting the plane “ready” to land somehow, but I think that’s just a poor choice of words. maybe it should have been called “aborted landing rally point” or something like that. dunno, but regardless of it’s name, I think it belongs infront of the runway, not behind it.

You’re on the right track. DO_LAND_START triggers the beginning of the landing sequence. It’s not needed, but without it if you abort an auto landing the plane will go back to the last waypoint before the landing WP and I’m sure you’ll agree that could be pretty exciting.

Another way to use it would be to put the DO_LAND_START before WP5. In an abort the plane will use the take-off parameters, climbing straight ahead to 50m, then in this case (unless things have gone totally bonkers) it would make a left turn towards WP5 and climb to that altitude. This way in stead of making tight 180 turns at low altitude it will setup for the the approach again and at least give you more time to take over and make a manual/FBWA landing if you want.

If your field has trees on either side then you have probably already set the TKOFF_ALT above the tree height. That way in an abort it should clear the trees before it turns. If the plane has wandered off course then you’ll need to take over anyhow.

Thanks all any info is great i am like a sponge
I have my L plates ( learning to drive ) on for fixed wing auto takeoff and landings

time to move on to my next fpv plane

3 Likes

@yak-54
Hi Colin , which plane is that?
Looks realy Nice.
Regards maarten

Sonicmodell Binary off banggood