Auav-x2 Compatibility

I have a quad that is powered by an auav-x2 that I haven’t flown in quite some time but that I would like to get back in the air. Is this flight controller able to run ac3.6? If not, was there a clear breakpoint where the firmware stopped playing nice with this FC?

It will work fine. I think it has the 1Mb memory limit but mission planner should pick that up when you try to update (and install the right version).

In playing around with 3.6 yesterday, It kept defaulting to a helicopter configuration even with repeatedly setting it to a quad and I could only ever get 3 motor outputs that didnt behave correctly with stick inputs. I thought this might be firmware based but I suppose it could just be configuration.

I have one. I will try upgrading this weekend to verify. But I am on 3.5 right now so really doubt there is a problem

I’d love to hear your experience. Thank you @andyp1per

I’ve loaded 3.6.9 no problem (NuttX). Need to do some tuning as I switched to 4s, but appears fine.

I actually had some problems getting the right firmware on with Mission Planner, somehow I loaded ChiBIOS and then after that had all kinds of problems changing. In the end I had to do it on my mac with APM Planner. That defaulted to NuttX and then after that things were a lot saner. Not sure if this is a MP or ChiBIOS problem.