Arm Pixhawk 6C without GPS

Hi. I want to test my hexcopter in a GPS-denied environment. I went into ARMING_CHECK in MissionPlanner and turned on only battery, RC, and safety switch arming checks. My thinking was that without any GPS check, I should be good to go. However, I still receive arming warnings like Need Position Estimate and Need Alt Estimate which normally disappear when the GPS is happy.

I would like to fly without GPS for the time being, but I am not sure how to get rid of those downstream arming checks that seem to be related to the GPS. Again, I have selected only battery, RC, and safety switch checks, so I don’t know why there would be more checks that are causing pre-arm to fail. When I look up the errors (“Need Pos Estimate” and “Need Alt Estimate”) in documentation, these are GPS related. The only fix in the documentation is to make the GPS happy, so then I’m stuck.

Thank you!

Use stabilized flight mode, and it will work fine.
You are probably using loiter, right?

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I plan to use Stabilize, but I can’t get that far. I have an eternal Not Ready to Arm warning, with the above Position and Altitude errors I listed, which disappeared when I tried it with the GPS plugged in when I was outside.

Have you configured a fence?

No, FENCE_ENABLE is currently 0 and I haven’t touched any other fence params. I just fired up the Pixhawk again, and it listed only safety switch, battery, and RC connection as pre-arm fails, as expected. I fixed them one-by-one, and once I cleared the last check, Need Pos Estimate and Need Alt Estimate popped up right on cue. Would configuring a fence help clear this? Again, if it helps, these issues go away when the GPS has a clear view of the sky.

EDIT: As soon as I hit send, it said READY TO ARM, and then 30 seconds later it lost it again, and now says PreArm: GPS Glitching. Which makes sense because I’m inside, but I previously disabled all GPS prearm checks.