Arduplane & Airsim integration and testing

Hello all,

I have been working on adding fixedwing aircraft into airsim over the past couple of months and I am at a point where I am trying to control the vehicle using ardupilot/arduplane.

TLDR:

• Does airsim and ardupilot tend to override the aircraft’s starting position?
  • What have you found is typically the best way to debug physics problems with ardupilot and aisim?

Not sure if this is the right place for these sort of questions I also have opened up a git issue and branch for both ardupilot/ardupilot and on microsoft/airsim.

The aircraft communicates with airsim but when it loads it doesn’t start in the air but seems to load into the ground. The log files seem to show the aircraft starting vertically upright and then falling to the ground. What have you found as being the best method for debugging these sort of problems? I have allowed the SIM_AirSim.cpp file to print a log of what should be the direct airsim comm to the log file, but not sure quite how to access or debug this (It doesn’t seem to be displaying on MAVExplorer.py).

Thanks for all your help.

1 Like