Ardupilot with Ublox zed F9P (Ublx messages)

Hello everyone,

I’m currently encountering an issue integrating the ZED-F9P RTK GPS with my Cube Orange on a rover project. I aim to utilize the RTK capabilities for precise navigation and need to configure dual ZED-F9P modules for accurate yaw measurements. However, I’m facing communication problems between the ZED-F9P and the Cube Orange. Below are the specifics of my setup and the issue:

Hardware Configuration:

Software Configuration:

• ZED-F9P Setup: Configured in the u-center application to send NMEA+UBX+RTCM messages over UART1.

• ArduPilot Settings: When GPS_TYPE is set to 5 (NMEA), I receive a 3D fix. However, changing GPS_TYPE to 2 (UBLOX) results in “no GPS” status.

Objective: To receive UBX messages on the ArduPilot controller for integrating dual ZED-F9P modules in one rover.

Issue: Despite configuring the ZED-F9P to send the required messages and adjusting the ArduPilot settings accordingly, I am unable to establish a successful communication link for UBX messages. This issue is critical for my project as accurate yaw measurement is a requirement.

Could anyone please guide me on what might be going wrong or what settings I need to adjust either in the ZED-F9P configuration or the ArduPilot parameters? Any insights or similar experiences shared would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

I think let flight control will do the auto configure the gps for you .

1 Like

Hai kalai,
Thanks for the suggestion.
I tried auto config also. Same result gps not detected (no gps).