Ardupilot w Speedybee

Hi,

I’m new to ardupilot and recently flashed the latest arducopter version onto my speedybee f405 v3. I might be a little over kill on my steps but I’m trying to build the foundational knowledge that will help a noob like myself. Used STM 32 Cube Programmer and was successful flashing the latest stable arducopter through the .hex on github. Unfortunately i wasn’t able to connect, “waiting for ports”.

Some research led me to install en.stsw-stm32102 as well as Zadig believing it was a driver issue. This has not helped. Finally I went into confi and checked the connect reset box all to no avail.

I’m running a basic(cheapo) lenovo x64 with Windows 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated yall
JA

What always works is to 1st load the bootloader with dfu-util and then flash Ardupilot with Mission Planner.
Bootloader

You will see other methods, sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t. Or, they worked yesterday but not today. Cut thru the crap and do this.

2 Likes

so to clarify, you flashed the .hex with STM 32 Cube Programmer after which your computer doesn’t detect your flight controller anymore? this happened to me before

if you hold boot button and connect FC to your computer, does anything show up in Device Manager?
do you see STM32BOOTLOADER? if yes then this is what I did, I used Zadig and clicked to upgrade driver, after that with the FC in DFU mode I used INAV configurator to flash the arducopter_with_bl.hex on the FC.

the problem I had with my FLYWOOF405S_AIO was that when I held boot button and connected to my computer, the USB connected sound played, after which some moments the USB disconnected sound played and Device Manager showed ‘‘Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)’’.

it was an extremely frustrating issue but I finally found out that is was the built in ELRS RX on UART 1(I heard allegedly peripherals on UART1 or 3 can prevent FC from going into DFU mode) that prevented the FC going into DFU mode, and since the RX is built in the AIO there was no way of disconnecting it.

As a last resort I got an idea to hold both the FC boot and the RX boot button at the same time while connecting the FC to my computer which succesfully got it into DFU mode.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I believe I have the firmware on the FC, it’s the connecting to MP that is giving me the trouble, just says Waiting for Ports until it times out. I wasn’t very clear about that in my first post :frowning:

Two things real quick, I’m unable to open betaflight with the FC so that goes along with having deleted and installed AP. Second I tried an antique computer, like 20 yo HP and it recognized my hardware. Said something like “Other devices Betaflight SMT F405”. I didn’t want to update the drives as it requested or install MP because it wasn’t mine. Thinking it’s an issue with my computer specifically or maybe W10 in general?

Doesn’t sound like it if anything is saying Betaflight. Did you try loading the bootloader 1st?

If nothing else Speedybee keeps the forum posts going…

I thought the same thing, it’s the only board that won’t open in betaflight out of the three though. I did manage to find the STM 32 after showing hidden devices - It’s com port 9… I’m looking into getting MP to recognize port 9, currently only 4 or 5 are options. Else I’m going to bite the bullet and rename it as port 5 to know once and for all.

Did the Ardupilot bootloader load with dfu-util or not

I don’t know what that means

I put the board into boot loader, held down black button, plugged in device, opened stm 32 cube programmer and loaded A copter

It means what I linked to in the previous post. Here it is again. Flashing Ardupilot Bootloader

Yes, it says STM32 Bootloader : this device is working properly.

DFU-UTIL is not the STM32 Bootloader. But whatever, I don’t have anything more to contribute.

Putting alot of time into this, still learning. thanks for what info you were able to provide