ArduPilot Monthly Update for June 2018

echologger-ect400

Below is the link to the Monthly development report presented by Olivier, Tridge, Randy, Peter, Jaime and a couple of others at the Partner’s call.

It was a good discussion on the call today and we very much appreciate the financial support and input of our Partners.

P.S. the image above is of a echologger.com’s Echosounder (underwater sonar) which was just one of a few range finder developments over the past month.

2 Likes

Nice echosounder wiring and support !
Could not find price range for this device

1 Like

Kikislater,

They were kind enough to send it to me for free so I’m unsure of the price but I think it’s between $400 ~ $500 US. So not cheap but not bad for this type of sensor I hear. By the way, the Garmin DT800 should also work with this driver although that hasn’t been tested yet.

1 Like

Too expensive for a research project IMO but should be good for commercial application. 100m is nice but may be could be less expensive with less range …

Another device used in combination with pixhawk Airmar Echorange SS510 used by simpleunmanned

1 Like

Thanks. The Airmar Echorange SS510 appears to output NMEA so I think it would work as well.

I wonder if Unmanned Marine Systems uses ArduPilot. I think it’s likely because they use the Emlid Reach RTK GPS it seems. Perhaps not but I suspect they might. Anyway, I’m happy to help external vendors using ArduPilot although I’m extra keen to help if they advertise that they’re using ArduPilot inside.

They do ! Pixhawk was listed before and there is still Mission planner screenshot.
Note that I have nothing related with them and agree with you about ardupilot mention.

Indeed. Rover 3.1.2. from the video.
Looks like a great and very professional company.

I want to install the Echologger ECT400 on my Pixhawk Cube orange.

(firmware Rover 4.1.4 OFFICIAL, mission planner 1.3.75)

In my full parameter list, I can’t find the following parameters.

RNGFND1_MIN_CM = 13

RNGFND1_MAX_CM = 10000 (i.e. 100m). This is the distance in centimeters that the rangefinder can reliably read.

RNGFND1_ORIENT = 25 (i.e. down) if mounted on a boat

Will this be a problem for the installation and operation of the Echologger ECT400?

Marcel, I think you’ve got your answer for the echologger over on this thread.

what would be really useful is a unified NMEA port on the flight controller. so multiple NMEA devices can share a port.

1 Like