Arducopter wiki needs to provide more descriptive information for matek f405

Hello to everyone
I want to give brief information about the problematic situations that I have met with the new build hexacopter.

system components
frame: hobbyking thorax hex
motor: emax 2205 2400 kv
esc: favorite littlebee spring 30a blheli_s onehot125 mode
flight controller:Matek f405 std (http://www.mateksys.com/?portfolio=f405-std)
firmware: (Http://firmware.ardupilot.org/copter/stable/matekf405/)
arducopter_with_bl.hex (3.6.1-FIRMWARE_VERSION_TYPE_OFFICIAL) flashed with betaflight configurator.
pdb: (http://www.mateksys.com/?portfolio=pdb-xt60) PDB-XT60 W/ BEC 5V & 12V

1-Although the front of the hexacopter and the front of the fc (little arrow on board) are in the same direction, (with default settings) in mission planner flight data tab there is incompatible screen movement with the movement of the hexacopter. this issue can only be fixed withto give new value AHRS_ORIENTATION:6 yaw 270 degrees board alignment to behave normally. there is no explanatory information at copter wiki. it is impossible to make flights without this setting.

osd is not working.In the full parameter list, the required settings were made, but the OSD function does not work. OSD_TYPE:1 , OSD_CHAN:8, OSD_FONT:3 OSD1_ENABLE:1 and related other settings are made

The tx1 rx1, tx2 rx2 vs on the flight controller does not match the serial port settings in the mission planner. For example, tx1 rx1 ports on flight controller can be changed or assigned with SERIAL3_PROTOCOL in mission planner. but the OSD function works with a separate microminim OSD.

arducopter wiki needs to provide descriptive information for matek f405

best regards

sakir

Thanks a ton for all of this info. Someone should give you access to edit the docs and add these instructions. After spending a day trying to figure out Windows driver issues I finally connected to Mission Planner on my Matek F405-STD. I’m now having trouble going through the initial setup as any time I try to calibrate GPS or compass (with battery plugged in) it just freezes Mission Planner and the board and I have to restart. Any idea what could be the issue? I’ve flashed Matek F405, Matek F405-STD, copter and plane, all of these give same results.

Thanks for this update, may I suggest you raise an issue directly on the wiki page
Questions, issues, and suggestions s may be posted on the forums or the [Github Issue Tracker]

As for the orientation, I rotated the Flight Controler as I prefer having the micro USB facing front for easy access.
For the Uart, it hink the wiki is correct:

• SERIAL0 = console = USB
  • SERIAL1 = Telemetry1 = USART3
  • SERIAL2 = Telemetry2 = UART4
  • SERIAL3 = GPS1 = USART1
  • SERIAL4 = GPS2 = UART5

Hi!

OSD has long been fixed, install the latest firmware. I have on F405-CTR everything works fine with firmware 3.6.5…

hi andrely

At date 18 november 2018 osd for matek f405 was not working. Dev’s fixed it and released updated firmare at the date of 01-Dec-2018.

thanks.
best regards

sakir polay