Arducopter on 5in Frame Motor Heating

I am using a Pixhawk Cube Orange flight controller on a 220mm wide frame with 2400kv Emax motors, Emax Bullet series 35A oneshot125 ESCs, and a 4s Lipo battery. After flying for a couple of minutes, all the motors are getting heated. Does anyone addressed this issue before, please help me
Log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xmOhpGkLsCdGUd4CYwRDGmbkaJLHxUd3/view?usp=share_link

Set up the battery monitoring and use Initial Parameters to set the voltage failsafe levels correctly, and also set

BATT_FS_CRT_ACT,1
BATT_FS_LOW_ACT,2 or 3

Dont skip any, it’s a common mistake the think you dont need battery monitoring and failsafes during testing - in fact this is usually the time when you do need those features. And correct voltage monitoring is needed for the motor thrust scaling.

Definitely set these:

ARMING_CHECK,1
INS_ACCEL_FILTER,10
INS_HNTCH_ENABLE,1  // set this then refresh params to see the rest
INS_HNTCH_MODE,1
INS_HNTCH_REF,0.2
INS_HNTCH_FREQ,180
INS_HNTCH_BW,90
INS_HNTCH_FM_RAT,0.7
INS_LOG_BAT_MASK,1
INS_LOG_BAT_OPT,4

Your D terms are already reasonably low compared to P and I, but you could probably lower it more

ATC_RAT_PIT_D,0.0027
ATC_RAT_RLL_D,0.0027

just to prevent those motors from overheating

Do another test flight, mostly hover in AltHold and let’s see that .bin log file.
Keep the flight time as short as reasonable and check those motor temperatures.

2 Likes

@xfacta thank you for your quick reply, i have tried the suggested configurations, but the motor heating issue is still there, is this because of esc configuration or calibration issue?. attaching new log file. please have a look. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BbLwqqqZGRrXHexbg8k6U9wB5EGSch55/view?usp=share_link

Try dropping the Rate Pitch/Roll P&I in half (from .135) and set these:
PSC_ACCZ_I,0.44
PSC_ACCZ_P,0.22

And with a 5" you may have to set the D-terms even lower. My 5" has the Rate D-term half of where you have it now.

i have tried this too, no major diffrence, is this issue is becouse of esc protocole, i am using oneshot esc

What is the motor series exactly?
Which propeller you’re using?
Did you measure the temperature?

….

Post that log also.