Arducopter firmware on Lumenier H743 F7 flight controller (MatekH743 firmware target)

This is not a Matek board though. Therefore there might be a difference that would explain the non recognition of the MPU6000. But that is way out of my competence.

Yea, I understand that. I think you will have to contact Lumenier.

I’ll contact the vendor of the board because no ways to contact Lumenier directly.
It is a pity though because that board is the only small factor H743 fc with two IMUs, a baro, 2Mb of flash, SD card, integrated 5V and 9v power supplies with LC filters, 8 PWM/motors signal outputs (octo enabled), integrated OSD, integrated DJI Air unit video/power connector, etc.
There are no boards in between that or a full size autopilot (All of the board based on pixhawk open hardware are between 40 and 70gr, are large and bulky) that is ardupilot compatible.

My dream is to have this board running which allows me to build a 3-4-5" quad able to fly in acro FPV (with DJI HD system) and also able to fly in auto mode (with external GPS/mag of course).

Well except the Matek board which has all the same properties :wink:

Which one is it, the Matek Wing ?

Matek H743 (Wing, Slim, Mini) they all use the same target. You don’t need a dedicated DJI Air Unit connector for MSP to work…

What is a MSP ? DJI Air unit control/power is not a main objective for the board’s selection.

Then other than the Lumenier being $15 more why would you buy that FC over the Matek H743-Slim? Or if you are building 3" and 4" quads a H743-Mini?

You’re right, at first glance, this Matek Slim seems like a good choice indeed. More spending, more spending…

Two 4in1 connectors and a DJI port.

I sent my board back to where I purchased it. The vendor (shop in Germany) told me this was actually a GETFPV product. I suspect GETFPV requested from Lumenier the possibllity to spec a flight controller based on their F7 fc board. That would explain why Lumenier does not display this fc on their website.
The shop advised me to contact GETFPV directly. I do not have time to do this and troubleshoot badly designed products in the place of the shop/GetFPV/Lumenier.

It is a pity because the board was pretty awesome on paper for a one-size (mall size) fits all bill : racing drone or Ardupilot drone uses (not limited to small 3-5" ones).

The Matek H743 comes close in spec but is not as good as this one on paper. It looks to be orignally thought of for plane use rather than multicopter drones, is of older design (electronically speaking), is heavier and limited on some features depending on the model (there are 3 variants of the Matek H743), does not support DJI HD system (which is not only useful for FPV racers but also as a long range radio receiver and onboard HD cam), does not have plug&play double 4-in1 ESC interfaces with dual battery and current monitoring, does not have dual 3amp BECs (5V, 9V), does not have dual camera switching, does not have remote camera power on/off feature (critical when using DJI HD system), does not have 13 PWM ports , all of it in 7grams.

As a personal conclusion, besides the Matek H743, there is no choice on the market of flight controllers other than two extreme opposite choces:
-either relatively heavy, bulky and expensive (mutliple hundreds of dollars) “classic/old school” flight controllers such as the Cube/Pixhak2.1 and oll of its followers in design
-either very compact, light, relatively cheap ( a few dozens of dollars) F4 or F7 boards that are only capable of running a downgraded Arducopter firmware by lack of flash memory (or not be able to run it at all for all F722 boards for example). these are mostly meant for Betaflight (fpv and racer drones), not very useable in practive for autonomous drone uses (most do not have a baro or a magnetometer for example)

I thus believe there is a spot on the market in between these two categories for people who sometimes like to have FPV fun and race, at the same time wanting to run arducopter for autnomous drone uses, at the same time wanting to have something as light/compact/resilient and redundant as possible (minimum dual IMUs, a baro, at least one i2c port for connecting an external magnetometer-preferably combined on the GPS, etc)

Just an opinion, open for debate:)

1 Like

If anyone wants to send me one I would be happy to get it working

1 Like

We should get “GetFPV.com” to send you one to correct their Arduplot compatibility issue. Anyone has a possibility to contact them to make this request ?

Luminier IS getfpv.com. It’s their house brand.

I was just looking at one today. LUX H7 HD Ultimate Flight Controller. The Lux has two inputs for 2 esc’s 4 in 1. Backordered. thoughts on this one? https://www.getfpv.com/lumenier-lux-h7-hd-ultimate-flight-controller.html

mRo PRP seems to check the boxes for me overall. But it would be nice to try the new LUX to see how it works.

Yes except for the price which is crazy high

Ths is the one that is not fully compatible with Ardupilot since only one IMU is detected, not the second one.

Seems like there is always something messed up.

I’ve reached out to Lumenier. Hopefully we’ll work this out.