Arducopter does not work: what i'm missing?

We are professional UAV developers and operators. We have several single-Rotor helicopters in our fleet.

These are high end UAVs not toys. Just as an example the tail servos we use cost £3,500 +VAT for one servo. Yes it is 1500uS centered, all professional grade servos are by default (you can program them if you need to).

We have tested nearly every FC out there. We started with the DJI ACE Waypoint which costs £8,000 we also use the SNAP FC which starts at £50,000 for basic functionality.
If I could justify it, I would rip them all out and UPGRADE them to Ardupilot.

We have at least 10 Helicopters and Multifotors out working daily with Arducopter on Pixhawk, and they are the best system we have ever tested. Nearly weekly we have some issues with the other systems which take time to solve. But with Ardupilot, mostly, theyt just work, and keep on working.
It is the most flexible, versatile system there is, and with this forum the best support compared to any other.

If there is a problem the Dev team or users always solve it.

We are waiting for a Pro Commercial hardware Pichawk, it is ‘coming’, which will make this software / hardware hnds down the worlds best system.

you have to bear in mind the hardware is open and developed for mass use hobbyists, so there are quality issues with some units but this has nothing to do with the Dev team. It is out of there hands.

For quality assurance, use the proficnc Pixhawk 2.1 for now until the Pro system is ready. They are very well built and reliable.

Yes, the commercial grade servos are all 1500uS centered. We will look at implementing 760uS center simply for the fact that some 3D hobbiests get into UAV and want to use their super-hot running tail servos. By far best would be sell them on HeliFreak and buy decent ones. But we have an official feature request for it, so we’ll look at it.