Arducopter autotune fails

Good afternoon Srs
Im trying to do as usual the AUTOTUNE in my brand new quadcopter, its built with the pixhawk 2.4.8, but when I lift the dron in Althold flygth mode then I switch the aux chanel to AUTOTUNE the dron do nothing in the teoreticaly movements of itsself, it stays stop while the little air push the drone in the space more and more far…, without any movement of itself…, I keep the control then to bring the dron to my place again, like that continuously and the dron only do by itself some roll movement, about 3 time in 13 minutes, then the dron do itself a RTL because Battery fail safe then land then I disarm, then switch of the AUTOTUNE mode aux, but the PID neither is recording.

Please, can anyone to say me some lights of why this could be happening? can be the PixHawk defective?

Thanks alot in advance by your help of anyone.

Waiting yours anxiously

Daniel

No, the pixhawk is not defective. But you do need to follow some instructions in order to get it working.

First update to ArduCopter 4.5.1 firmware version. Then install https://github.com/ArduPilot/MethodicConfigurator/actions/runs/8603225557/artifacts/1394874278 and follow How to methodically tune (almost) any multicopter using ArduCopter 4.4.x

Thanks so so much, I’ll try your instructions tomorrow, let see if no a windy day…

I’ll comment the result after work.

Best wishes

Daniel