Arducopter 3.7 dev Compass Issue

Loaded Arducopter 3.7 dev onto my copter today and discovered a Compass issue. After Loading 3.7 and recalibrating the compass, when switched to Loiter the copter started to toilet bowl on my OSD the Compass was almost 90 degrees out. Did another compass calibration and during the test flight the compass started to swing round and settle about 90 degrees off.

Reloaded 3.6.9 did another compass recalibration and everything was fine on the test flight.

Wanted to report in case this is an issue

David Ardis

David,
It is appreciated that you report it. However without details is is like a “something went wrong” error report.
What flight controller, what compass(es), what kind of frame configuration, settings and last but not least a log of the flight.

Without these, nobody can tell what really happened.

(Just to illustrate how many things can affect compass, two weeks ago I almost crashed a 20kg heavy lifter hexa, because my colleague did not tucked one of the battery wires to place and it sent the compass haywire…)

1 Like

Andras

Flight Controller is a Cube Black with a Here GPS. Below is links to 3 log files

First flight with 3.7 dev all settings as 3.6.9 apart from Compass Calibration starts to toilet bowl after entering loiter mode

Second flight with 3.7 dev after re-calibration of Compass starts to toilet bowl after entering loiter mode

Third Flight with 3.6.9 loaded and the same parameters apart from compass calibration ignore RTL as it was my fault

This is my everyday flying quad and has been flying in this configuration for a few years with no issue’s
todays tests where done without the camera and lidar and the snow

David Ardis