[APPROVED] Speedybee F405 V3 Flight Controller for Porting

With bdshot non-functional and also FFT non-working since it needs 2MB and this FC is 1MB, is there any other method to remove gyro noise ?

If not, then I might need to turn to some other FC I guess…

You can use the throttle based notch or ESC telemetry via a UART with BLHeli32 ESCs

Thanks for the hint.
But as I mentioned, already got the stacks FC+ESC(Bluejay), so I do not see the point of spending more on additional ESC with BLHeli32, specifically on an FC that as you say its features on paper and BF do not translate on features with Ardupilot.

Most likely I’ll keep those stacks using them with INAV and try to find some other stack with these nice features (on-board bluetooth, bdshot, OSD, etc) working on Ardupilot.

Thanks again.

Hey @Aristarchos !
I’m glad to read it is working for INAV since that is not my case. The motors doesnt work and cannot use DSHOT for the same reason ardupilot doesnt work properly. DMA conflicts.
Could you please tell me which version are u using? maybe some settings? Right now it doesnt allow me to select DSHOT and it doesnt work with any other protocols. Motors are not responding at all.
Thanks !

Actually I have used myself only Betaflight, there everything works ok (Bluejay RPM, OSD, Bluetooth, VTX, Smartaudio, etc ) of this stack.
From what I know INAV/SpeedyBeeF405V3 has these features too with the exception of dshot/bluejay RPM.
After this discussion with @andyp1per I’m in search of a fully compatible combo/stack for Ardupilot.

Same thing here. Everything works in betaflight , but inav is nor working at all, even with nultishot.
@andyp1per is there any working configuration at least with multishot for ardupilot ?

Disabled Dshot, using plain PWM. Still having baro health issues too.
I’m curious about: What are other FCs using same uC (STM32F405) that works well with ardupilot?
There are any?

A curious thing about this board is SerialL1 and Serial6 are DMA enabled. Serial6 is the suggested connection for GPS. And Serial1 is used for Mavlink. Would make much more sense if DMA was reserved for something more basic (and critical) for a board like this (Serial2/RX e.g.).

dshot should work fine, just make sure you have SERVO_BLH_BDMASK=0

I was suspicious that the baro issues went deeper than just the timer. I did a fix to work around the i2c issues but could never get the baro to behave reliably

MambaH743 stack is really nice. Also KakuteH7v2 stack. Both of these have 1Gb dataflash. If you want an sd card then Matek H743

2 Likes

Hi, what I’ve read here so I don’t really understand if it makes sense to get this FC. It’s at a great price and right along with the ESC. But I don’t know if the GPS, compass and barometer will work. If anyone has a direct built drone with GPS and everything works for you. I’d be glad for any info on what you used and if everything is as it should be?

In the next firmware version for these controllers, you can enable script support?
I have Kakute and Mamba, but there is no script support in the current firmware.

It’s not supported on boards with flash for logging. The skybrush branch has a fix, but I couldn’t get it to work on my Mamba. Will have another go at some point.

1 Like

I needed to add quite low value pullup resistors (<1K) to have i2c compass working reliably in BF (they use 800KHz default). I2C signals there at uC pin level looked quite bad originally (too slow rising time) that can cause timing issues infact.

I’m not really into STM32, and don’t know if compass and baro shares the same bus. Not having schematics is annoying but I think I will take a look into this (and try some testing mod if possible. If signal looks bad there as it did for compass).

Did a long flight today and it looks like this. Baro and compass health issues are together.

So, this FC is probably completely broken or I don’t know.

Ah that’s really interesting. Might explain why I had so many problems trying to fix this.

For BF, the baro (DPS310) is connected to I2C
https://github.com/betaflight/config/blob/bb04d1d0326cb7020621c628f29b6fee0d10af9b/configs/SPEEDYBEEF405V3/config.h#L99C9-L99C9
from the looks of it most likely compass and baro share the same bus (I2CDEV_2)

Out of curiosity would the Speedybee F405-Wing share the same strategy?

1 Like