APM 2.8 does not recognise gps

hi, im using a apm2.8 with ubloxm8n gps
im getting gps:no gps issue
in the status window GPS_STATUS 0
in the paramenters i have set gps type to 1 (auto).
i checked the wiring and everything is perfect,i even tried different baud rates for seial port 0 but nothing solved it.also enabled the gps and performed the compass calibration but nothing works
even the mavserial pass dosent work
NOTE:the gps turns on and when outside blue lights continuously flash indicating a gps fix and the compass in the gps module works
please help me asap

Can I see the parameter picture about the serial port?

yes

can someone tell me what i should do
this is kinda urgent

Not many around that can help with those obsolete Flight Controllers that haven’t been supported in many years.

2 Likes

Im open to any kind of suggestion give me something.i think there is something im not doing right

Baudrate could be an issue.
I would check at what speed the GPS works and check the relevant settings in the APM.

Actually i tried with different baud rates the gps module connects fine with ucentre but it wont communicate with apm

Also if someone can tell me what settings should i check in ucentre and mission planner

Default parameters should work. If it’s any help I blew the dust off an old quad with an APM FC. Here is the parameter file that works.
APM V3.2.1.param (5.0 KB)

BTW-Don’t manually change the SRx parameters if you see them different than yours here.

Actually i dont have a serial x parameter all i see is serial 0 and serial 1 parameters

I will try with your parameter file and update here

The x is just a short form for saying SR0_ and SR1_

I dind’t say serial x I said SRx meaning SR0_ or SR_1 parameters.

Ok i will try these and let you know

Also this old quad has a telemetry radio so there will be parameters set for that.

Ok i have a question
Will the apm auto configure the gps ?

I don’t recall if Arducopter did at that level of firmware or not.

Ok this does not work anything i should try

Replace that Flight Controller with one that is supported.

1 Like