APJ TOOLS custom params

Hey there,

I recently discovered the APJ tools which permit to modify and lock some parameters directly on a firmware. APJ Tools for Custom Parameter Defaults — Dev documentation
I tried it and it perfecty work but I don’t understand why is is impossible to upload a params file bigger than 8k.

Do you know the reason of this limitation and if it is possible to bypass it ?

I not sure at 100% but I would said it comes from the flash sector allocated to the parameters storage.
ardupilot/AP_Param.h at master · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub and ardupilot/AP_Param.h at master · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub

Normally, you shouldn’t try to put in the file paramters that haven’t changes, that should limit the number of paramters to change.

Theorically, you should be able to change this but you will have to change the memory configuration of your board.

Ok thank you very much. I am going to try to reduce the number of parameters I want to change.

Hello, I wanted to raise a new topic, but I see that it has already been raised a long time ago.
I am using Cube Orange+, arduplane version 4.3.3, 4.4.4 and I really liked the ability to change and lock parameters. But as I see, not only for me 8 kilobytes is not enough. I created a list of parameters and I got 15 kilobytes, I tried to divide them into 3 files and write them one by one, but it doesn’t work.
You wrote that theoretically it is possible to change the memory configuration of the board, please tell me how this can be done and I will be happy to test it.