AP_Periph 1.0.0 stable released

You need use it on UART or node?

Not sure I understand the question. I am trying to use a TF mini plus serial on the uart pins on the F303

ok… you have custom cable or the original cable?

I ordered a TFmini Plus, it will be here on Wednesday. I’ll get it sorted out. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks @pkocmoud. I am running out of serial ports and would like to move the rangefinders over to can if at all possible

Good day, there is a way for use a pdb on the can node?

I think this is what you are requesting, the design files for the PCB here: https://github.com/mRoboticsIO/CANNode

I agree, I want to see all peripherals on CAN with a simple experience such as plugging in a USB mouse.

1 Like

No…im looking to connect and set a power distribution board on the node

For now I’ve test the tf mini s… today i will test on another node the evo hub tower evo…

node
I’ve just released AP_Periph 1.1.0beta1. This is a large release with a lot of updates. Key changes include:

• fixed initial GPS timestamp which could cause ArduPilot to get bad time sync
  • fixed airspeed pressure wrap
  • fixed rangefinder to send the RNGFND1_ADDR as sensor_id
  • added distinctive LED blink pattern when waiting for UAVCAN node ID allocation
  • added HWESC build targets for HobbyWing ESC telemetry
  • fixed RM3100 compass scaling bug

The rangefinder change makes it possible to have more than one AP_Periph rangefinder. You do need to make sure that the RNGFNDn_ADDR parameters on the CAN node and on the autopilot match. This is because AP_Periph now uses the RNGFND1_ADDR from the CAN node as the sensor_id in the rangefinder message, and the ArduPilot UAVCAN rangefinder driver checks that it matches before using the sensor.
The RM3100 scaling bug requires that you re-calibrate your compass if you use an AP_Periph based compass or GPS/compass combination that has an RM3100 sensor. If you don’t recalibrate then you may get high innovations from the EKF.
I’d really appreciate some testing and feedback on this beta release before I make the new stable release.
Cheers, Tridge

3 Likes

Will test tonight @tridge and report in the morning… thanks :+1::grin:

I ordered another TF Mini Plus so I can test this new update. Looking forward to seeing the results

Just got the TFmini_serial working on a node with 3 x serial, … going to try it with my GPS node now which has 2 x serial

I see a different CANNode, did you design it or buy it?

Which TF Mini are you trying? Is that the “S”?

Designed it, it was a little flight controller, but turned it into a can node.
Going to try it on this gps node I made…

Just the standard TFMini serial version.

These are my settings for TFmini_Serial (not S). Might help someone. The box highlighted in red is the same address i set in Mission Planner, i chose 10 but it could be any number up to 127. This is with new AP_Periph 1.1.0beta1.

Thanks @tridge

1 Like

I have my two F303 boards upgraded to the new beta firmware. Now just have to wait until Wednesday when my TF mini plus comes in