AP_Periph 1.0.0 stable released

will do. i didn’t see it in the src

@tridge I just found this F303 controller from Holybro; the Rice32. It looks like a decent AP_Peripheral target but will require a CAN driver. Worth checking out?

Good day,
you have to flash the can bootloader as first and after this the ap periph firmware, but you must check the version of the mcu

Hello. I have problem with build f103-GPS
Using f103-GPS as an example, I try to build firmware on Windows using Cygwin.
How to setup Cygwin take here https://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/building-setup-windows-cygwin.html#building-setup-windows-cygwin using Powershell script.
Than clone the project like here https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/blob/master/BUILD.md.
Then try to build this
./waf configure --board CubeBlack
./waf copter
and it works great.
But in this case
./waf configure --board f103-GPS
./waf AP_Periph
build always failed

Maybe i’m doing something wrong during installation Cygwin or downloading the wrong libraries?

Hi Igor,

Tridge has already given the answer at the beginning of the thread:

Yes, I saw this answers, so I try like this
./waf AP_Periph
And this
./waf configure --board f303-M10025
./waf AP_Periph
and many another boards, but always it stops

Try ./waf build f103-GPS
instead of ./waf AP_Periph

I try

it builds ok, as always
Than

./waf build f103-GPS

and…it failed with the same message

Sorry Igor, but this is beyond me. One of the developers will certainly know more.

asap if you need i can send you latest binary file you need… just let me know

The warnings you show in the screen shot are just warnings, and don’t prevent the build from working. The error is likely off the top of the screen (waf does parallel builds, which means things can keep going for a bit after an error)
I haven’t actually tested an AP_Periph build on cygwin before, and now that I try it I see it does fail. The error is:

[ 9/10] Running python3 ${SRCROOT}/modules/libcanard/dsdl_compiler/libcanard_dsdlc --header_only --outdir ${BUILDROOT}/modules/libcanard/dsdlc_generated ${SRCROOT}/modules/uavcan/dsdl/uavcan ${SRCROOT}/libraries/AP_UAVCAN/dsdl/ardupilot ${SRCROOT}/libraries/AP_UAVCAN/dsdl/com
/bin/sh: /cygdrive/c/Users/andre/AppData/Local/Microsoft/WindowsApps/python3: Permission denied

my guess is you are getting the same error.
The problem is caused by cygwin not having a “python3” alias for a python 3.x version. In my case I have python3.7 installed.
If you also have python3.7 installed, then you can fix it like this:

ln -s /usr/bin/python3.7 /usr/bin/python3

you may also need this:

python -m pip install serial

then you should find the build works (or at least it does for me on cygwin)
Cheers, Tridge

1 Like

Thank you so much. You are absolutely right. There was a lack of a reference to “python3” alias . And all the recommendations on the official site say that there should be a reference only to "python"alias.
So when I write
ln -s /usr/bin/python3.7 /usr/bin/python3
it build fine!!!)

@Dave84 where is that code/bin for the ESC node? I really just want two outputs for the end of an X8 boom. Thanks.

Good day, which binary file you need?

Hello,

Apologies if this is a repeat question or if this isn’t the right place to ask this. I was wondering if there is currently support for UAVCAN servos (command and receiving feedback data) in Ardupilot? Is there an AP_Periph node currently for UAVCAN esc messages and actuator (servo) messages? I saw the support on the Ardupilot website for UAVCAN ESCs - is there an AP_Periph node available for ESCs?

Thank you!

yes, we support UAVCAN ESCs and servos. The HiTec UAVCAN servos are nice.

not yet, but I think we will likely support this soon within AP_Periph

1 Like

hello, as I’ve redesign a node adding the stm32f303cct6, i would like build the bootloader and the firmware for it, ive read it’s necessary hwfile.dat, but after this what’s necessary for build the bootloader and firmware…,

https://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/building-the-code.html

yes… im already using this procedure in Ubuntu, but i would like build the bootloader and firmware for my CAN compass

Hi Dave,

Just add a hwdef-bl.dat, copy mine for example: ardupilot/hwdef-bl.dat at master · ArduPilot/ardupilot (github.com) and modify to suit your needs.

Then build the bootloader using the ./Tools/scripts/build_bootloaders.py {BOARDNAME}

Using my example: ./Tools/scripts/build_bootloaders.py f303-M10070

The script will copy the built bootloader to the correct folder (Tools/bootloaders/). When you build your main firmware, that bootloader will be embedded so that the bootloader can be flashed using the AP_Periph parameter FLASH_BOOTLOADER = 1. You can also flash the bootloader manually to your new board with JTAG.

Does this answer your question?

Phil