Anyway to clear RemoteID persistent parameters such as DID_UAS_ID? (File @SYS/persistent.parm)

Hi all.

Is there any way to clear or edit persistent parameters in the persistent.parm file on my flight controller?

Im experimenting with the Cube ID. I used the DID_OPTIONS setting for LockUASIDOnFirstBasicIDRx. What this does is write the UAS ID to persistent storage on the flight controller. In MavFTP, I can see it puts the following values in persistent.parm:

{{PERSISTENT_START_V1}}
DID_UAS_ID=[My FAA ID]
DID_UAS_ID_TYPE=1
DID_UA_TYPE=2

What I cant seem to do is delete or edit that file.I’ve also used MavProxy to set the FORMAT_VERSION parameter to 0 to see if that would do it per these docs Parameter Reset — Copter documentation
But that doesnt seem to remove the file either.

I am using a Cube Orange plus.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Tried a few more things today that I was hopeful to work, but they didnt. Updating thread with other things Ive tried:

1. Tried installing ArduRover firmware in MissionPlanner. @SYS/persistent.parm file was still there and couldnt be deleted.
  2. Tried installing px4 firmware in QGC. MavFTP didnt show anything in the @SYS folder there. I then reinstalled ArudCopter and the file returned.

Does anybody have any other ideas? I’d really like to be able to clear this and reset my UAS ID.