Good morning. I need some help troubleshooting my antenna tracker build. I’m currently running the following:
- Mission Planner 1.3.68 Build 1.3.7105.26478
- Antenna Tracker AT 0.7.5 - AT 1.0.0
- 1 RFD 900x
- 1 Pixhawk 2 Assembly ( Buzzer, Arming Switch, Power Cable…)
- 1 Servo City HS-785-HB Servo Set
Set - Up / Issue:
- I have an antenna tracker set-up based on the instructions from http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-antenna-tracking.html
- The servo’s pan and tilt in the correct directions.
- Servo’s are not continuous servo’s, but are multiple rotational servo’s. Max range for both servo’s is about 349 degrees.
- The accelerometer calibration was completed and successful.
- Compass was calibrated on the antenna tracker ( also successful and reports true).
- Arming button / buzzer works as expected.
- When my copter is powered on, I can see my copter on mission planner next to my antenna tracker. I can see the orange line tracking it as well.
- If I’m running AT 0.7.5, the antenna tracker with follow my copter, but will not follow it in the tilt. If I exceed the pan in the right / left direction, it will pan all the way back around to the left / right to try to regain communications. I’d assume the tracker would take the shorter route. The orange tracking line locks on straight away, and when I put it in Auto mode, it instantly tracks my Copter.
- If I re-flash the Pixhawk 2 with AT 1.0.0, the antenna tracker will not longer tracker my copter. The orange tracking line intersects the copter, but the red line will not lock on. In Auto / Scan mode, it will pan and tilt at the same time to look for the copter, but it will never lock on.
- I verified that the copter is outside of it’s distance limits, and concludes with the same results.
- I have even attempted using a Pixhawk 1, as well as a Pixhawk 2 Cube, with similar results.
- Does anyone know why that upgrade in firmware would cause it to not track ( pan / or tilt ) wise?
- Has anyone experienced any of the same results and could help offer any assistance?
- Is there possibilities for incorrect installations or processes?
- What could I possibly be doing wrong with my set-up that others have had success on?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. This has been an ongoing project for a little over a year, I’d love to get this system up and working. Have a wonderful day.