Analytics continuation

Topic:

Continue Analytics and try to refine it

Proposal type: Hardware , Software [X ] , Other : _________________

Description:

Following [APPROVED] Add some analytics to ArduPilot.org to help scope some refactoring we installed Plausible as analytics software on our server. The data gathered is openly accessible here : Plausible · ardupilot.org

Some analysis were done an published as a blog post : A New Vision for ArduPilot.org: Insights from Our Latest Analytics

Good amount of time was invested in improving the main page (History for frontend - ArduPilot/ardupilot_wiki · GitHub) and the wiki (sphinx engine update, theme update, refactoring) etc.

As we are way past the 3 initial months, I think those data are useful on long term : 3 - 6 - 12 months to get some trend and look at some improvements priorities.

Therefore this proposal is to extend the term of the analytics to a year.
I don’t remember how much we pay for the machine, but the machine we got is far enough for the task. We got 4 core, 8 gb ram and use something like 5% cpu and 800-900MB Ram. I will have to build up some statistic on this but we don’t need to pay more, possibly a bit less depending on the paid plan we got. Using plausible paid plan would be €89 /month as we got more than 1M page view per months

Planned amount $$ (USD):

Estimated time for completion: 1y

Some improvements possible :

• put analytics on our other website : discuss, firmware download, etc.
  • implement Google console support to have what people are searching to reach our website (and do the same for bing,etc)
1 Like