Analog FPV Setup, Kakute H7 mini v 1.3, TBS CRSF Sixty9

I am finally starting the build of my 5" long range quad inspired by @andyp1per ’ s 5" long range build :slight_smile: Based on the configuration provided by Andy, I am trying to set up my first FPV system using Kakute H7 mini V. 1.3, TBS CRSF Sixty9 and Runcam Phoenix 2 - JB Edition.

Camera Setup Question:

I am not sure whether Runcam Phoenix 2 - JB Edition can provide OSD input for the Kakute

The first 3 pins from the camera clearly would be attached to Kakute per the screenshot below. However, the pinout for Phoenix 2 - JB Edition, does not show whether the fourth pin could be connected to the CAM pad in the screenshot below. Please advise whether the fourth pin from the CAM can be connected to the CAM on Kakute H7 mini 1.3 and if it can provide OSD support for the OSD chip on the FC?

TBS CRSF Sixty9 Question

1. Based on the Sixty9 manual, I understand that below should be my connections. Are they correct?:

RX 5.5 - 36 V β†’ Vtx+ FC
RX GND (next to 5.5 - 36V) β†’ GND FC (next to Vtx+)
RX Video β†’ VO FC
RX Out 2 RX β†’ T6 FC
RX Out 1 TX β†’ R6 FC
Below is a reference diagram for RX connections from Holybro for the FC

@andyp1per - Would the above connections provide CRSF bidirectional telemetry please?

1. VTX ON/OFF I am also researching the use of VTX ON/OFF facility in the FC. I am not sure whether relays correspond to UARTs. Does Relay 2 here correspond to UART2 on the FC?

All looks correct apart from OSD - OSD comes from Kakute, not from the the Camera. Extra Camera pins are for camera control, which results in OSD info but needs to be connected to a UART. Note that the JB edition has these pins but the regular camera (which is the doc you posted) does not.

VTX power is by default on RELAY2, so if you allocate an RC switch to RELAY2 you can control the VTX power.

Thanks @andyp1per for your prompt reply and apologies for delinquency in responding.

I should have posted the Runcam Phoenix2 wiring picture which I am now as below.

My assumption is that the GND and Menu from the camera at the right side need to be connected to a UART. Should the Menu be connected to an RX on the FC as below. If so, then would the connection below work please?

If you don’t have the JB edition then no UART control is possible - leave those pins disconnected

I believe I have JB edition. Here is the screenshot. I would not belabour this issue and would ignore the GND and Menu pins for now.