An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Colin,Colin does that mean that RFD transmiter will now work with the X20s

with the X20 i had on loan from a mate no and not X12S as well they say it been fixed in 1.4.5

1 Like

are o/k yea I ment it 1.4.5 my wording was bad but maybe looking more promising lets hope so

Gentleman,
I have the Tandem X20 is there a plan to port the FrSky LuaGCS ?
Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Pedro, no plan yet, still collecting feedback, I have no idea how popular the LuaGCS is

1 Like

For people who do not have a telemetry radio your development of LuaCGS opens the door to being able to make in-flight parameter adjustments.

In my opinion this is a great idea as right now I have to fly, land, check logs, modify settings, fly again and check the results. With your LuaCGS tool it’s all more immediate: modify, check on the fly.

I hope you will resume the LuaCGS work for porting to EdgeTX.

And thank you very much for all your knowledge and making it available to the community.

2 Likes

Hi, I fully understand your point, that’s the very reason I wrote it in the first place, but since I do not get a lot of support questions about it I was wondering if a port to Ethos was worth it or not, especially since a port to Ethos would almost be a complete rewrite.

BTW EdgeTX support is done, check github :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Alex, I beg you to port the LUA GCS to ETHOS :slight_smile: I can offer myself to promptly debug it !
The LUAGCS gives a huge help for the Traditional Helicopter, as we don’t need to constantly plug the laptop to change tunning parameters. It is also crucial in the field for testing the latest FWs, as it saves a lot of time special when you are looking after a strange behaviour or bug. Ex: testing the Traditional Helicopter Autotune feature. I have being using the X9D and barely can do everything that is needed with the LUAGCS, the only issue was the X9D display being so small, reason to buy the new Tandem X20.
Cheers!

2 Likes

flysky launched new products EL18,Can you consider supporting it?

Hi,
I admit it would be cool, supporting another radio requires a decent amount of work, mostly for the layout design. The OpenTX/EdgeTX widget has a million panels :slight_smile:

1 Like

lot people don’t know about it
i did tried it openx some time ago but now i have moved to ETOS on my X12s i never got a chance to put it through its paces
but coming from you it would be great :slight_smile:

1 Like

New guy here. Been reading much of the thread above. Very impressive scripts. Hope this is the right place to ask.

I recently got a Horus X10S Express that has ETHOS on it. I amusing the RFD900mod in the JR bay. I’ve upgraded it to the 1.4.4 (#6eadcca3) firmware. I downloaded the yappu scripts from github and have been trying to get them set up. I have control going thru and mission planner works fine thru the RFD900mod connecting to the wifi it creates.

However I do not get the telemetry on the X10S. The widget shows up and is version 1.0.0 dev (119fb15). I am not able to select RSSI as the Link Quality Source. I also dont see the option to select the telemetry source to set it to external as I have seen is some screen shots above. I have seen a lot of information on using openTx on the Horus X10s but was hoping to stick to ETHOS. I am guessing it is something simple I am missing in the setup, possibly in ETHOS?

Hi, I’ll let others reply regarding the TXMOD because I don’t own one and cannot replicate your setup.
Text on your screen is fixed size, you are probably missing some fonts on your sd card. Download and extract the horus_sd.zip from the ethos release page and copy it to the sd card.
To select the external sport source and the link quality source you need to enter the widget configuration page, my wiki explains the steps here Installation on Ethos · yaapu/FrskyTelemetryScript Wiki · GitHub.
You also need to discovr the RSSI sensor from the Ethos telemetry page before you can select it in the widget, same for GPS

1 Like

nop your not missing anything its ethos has an issue on X12 and X10s with module bay with lua scritps hopeful its been fixed in 1.4.5 so i have been told

1 Like

Thanks Colin. So I guess in the meantime if I want to use telemetry via the JR bay I need to use openTx or swap to my old Jumper T16 that has openTx. I really like the build quality/feel of the Horus over the T16. Is there an older firmware that would work or just wait for 1.4.5 to try that?

Thanks Alex. I had followed those instructions on the Wiki, thx for making them. I guess Colin’s response below explains why it didn’t work. With the Horus X10S I guess I need to wait on the 1.4.5 ETHOS or go to openTx if I want to use the external module.

1 Like

Hi Alex,

I have encountered an issue with your otherwise awesome widget. My X10S keeps reporting “motors armed” and “motors disarmed” in rapid succession in flight and if on the ground the current flight mode repeatedly.
I also think I know the cause, because it started doing this after I have connected a mavlink based parachute system to the UAV. This device has the same sysID as the FC and only a different compID. I suspect the following is happening: your widget processes both streams at the same time and my device reports 0 for the MAV_MODE_FLAG but the FC uses this flag properly. Your widget must use the last heartbeat message, regardless of sysID/compID to determine the armed state and thus the rapid armed-disarmed messages.

I am still running an older version (1.8.1), but haven´t seen anything related in the changelogs since. I don´t know how cour code handles different mavlink systems and components, but it would be nice if the widget would only process data from the actual autopilot.
You could achieve this by only processing data from a specific sysID and compID, that you determine from the heartbeat messages. You could check for a valid autopilot by looking at the MAV_AUTOPILOT value inside heartbeat packages for supported autopilots.

Is this something you could/would implement, or should I search for alternative solutions for my problem?

1 Like

Hi,
mi widget does not process mavlink so no way the streams interfere unless you’re using a mavtopt solution, in that case a fix is needed on that side.
What is your setup and wiring?

1 Like

You are correct, I´m using mavtopt on a TXMOD. Thanks, I´ll ask Eric instead.

1 Like

having issues on ethos 1.4.5 with version 1.0.0e dev
the script works fine with the internal module on the isrm
but not on external module R9M the passthrough gps sensor is in the list
screenshot-2022-12-23-32435
screenshot-2022-12-23-32669

1 Like