An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

I hope Frsky are helping you out with radio gear

PS they have to blind not to see sales of X20 not going to as good as it should with a lot people holding off getting one because they cant use your script

anyway i bought you coffee and cannoli for breaky
thanks for all your hard work

Thanks for your support Colin, really appreciated!

Btw FrSky sent me an X20 to port and test my script :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ian thanks a lot for you support as well!

updated layout, back to 4 status text messages

3 Likes

Mapping widget on Ethos working as well :slight_smile: The higher end CPU and OS design allows for bigger maps

3 Likes

I understand that this is an Ardupilot website, which I am not apposed to putting on my new hexcopter I am building, but for my smaller drones, is there anyway of getting Betaflight to show up on your HUD? if I have F.port protocol running?

No, ardupilot is a requirement :slight_smile: so switch to ardupilot haha

will it run on the small FC stacks?

small in size yes, small in flash space i.e. < 1MB no

What do I need to research? I am willing to put the work in. There has to be a way that I can write my own/ adapt yours possibly? lua scripts? I just hate going to my telemetry screen seeing a whole bunch of info and seeing none on my base screen on my radio.

Current Stable will run on these. Dev version has a few more:
Ardupilot

I try to install the Yaapu on my QX7 with the FW ver 2.3.17, but keep getting “Syntax Error” message when selecting the SD>Scrips>Telemetry>yaapy7.lua file.
Any idea what can cause this…

Scary… I get flashbacks from the old Commedore 64 days with that message… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :rofl: :joy:

Hi, did you follow the docs on how to install the script?
You should not run it as a standalone script but rather as a telemetry script.

I think so… However, my settings is a little different in the Open TX program, as I only can select lua built…

Said that, when I go back to the QX7 and scroll to the Display Screen and select Screen > Script > I get an error message “No Scriptson SD”
However, I am positive that I have copied the SD folder to the SD card.

@yaapu - No worries, I got it right now. Thanks!

1 Like

@yaapu I just got the RadioKing TX18s (very similar to the Jumper T18 and uses the same FW).
Question-1, it has opentx 2.3 on it now (but touchscreen dont work), I want to install EdgeTx, does your telemetry script work with EdgeTx?
Question-2, After a while I plan on building uLRS modules (Tx/Rx), do they also work with your telemetry script with EdgeTx?
TIA!

yes and yes
I have tested it on my Frsky X12S on EdgeTx with Ultimate LRS works great with MavToPT passthrough converter as Alex said that what i am using with Ultimate LRS
but i do not have T18 just try it i don’t see why it shouldn’t not work

Hi, EdgeTX is supported, but ULRS alone will not allow you tu use my widget at least it did not lat time I checked, in order to get the right type of telemetry feed (passthrough) you’ll also need the MavToPT project and an extra board to convert mavlink to passthrough.

@yaapu Please let me know if you would like some additional testing on Ethos. I have an X20S and am using a Matek H743-Wing v2 with digital pitot, GPS, and lidar. It would be a great learning experience for me as well. The cold weather will keep me from flying for a while, so I am happy to install alpha builds and tinker for a while.

Hello Yaapu. I am having weird issue on my QX7 radio running yaapu script. I am only getting one part of the GPS co-ordinates. ( can’t remember if I am getting longitude and missing latitude or other way around) .When I go to discover sensors, it only shows one co-ordinate. I am running latest yaapu script on my QX7 with Mav2pt on teensy board which is getting mavlink telemetry via dragonlink.

Any ideas why I am missing one GPS co-ordinate on my QX7? Thanks.