An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

That was it. Not compatible with the last stable version of 2.2. It broke with the beta 2 release.

You may want to add the requirement to upgrade to 2.3 in the notes.

Thanks as always.

Thanks Marc, so to recap beta2 was working on 2.2 and latest is not, I’ll do some testing myself.

Alex

I was running beta 1 on 2.2 and it worked.

I tried beta 2 and that did not work. When I upgraded to 2.3 everything worked. I must say I really appreciate the custom build of GPmapcatcher. It really makes loading maps so much easier and faster than having to use the script to process.

Also I am having some success using your widget with Pitlab, which outputs a subset of Mavlink messages. I may look at creating a stripped down version for Pitlab – if I find the time.

Hi Mark, ok beta1 is the one to check for breaking 2.2, thanks.
Pitlab support could be just a matter of designing custom left and right panels, flight modes probably need some help from @Eric_Stockenstrom .

Can’t reproduce, I tried latest version on 2.2.4 in the simulator and ran fine, mhmmm :thinking:

Odd. I can only tell you my experiences!

I may not have even had the latest Stable version of 2. It could have been older. Quite likely actually.

I would not sweat it now tbh.

1 Like

dear all!

I have exact the same issue as described above. See #1197.
Is it a problem with 2.3.7?

Ardupilot 4.1.0
Taranis X9D+ FW 2.3.7
X4R FW:2.1.0

I really like how you have designed this system. Amazing programming job for sure. I have few questions for you.

1. Is there a step by step guide explaining programming, explains wiring, cascading other SPORT devices such as which device should connect first etc.

2. Is it true that Horus X10S, will not require the external cable that connects the the RX and Ardupilot Serial port if your are using X Rx (Not sure which one)

I can help you put together a proper documentation. I think we are seriously lacking a proper step by step guide as well as how this solution works. Information is scattered all over the place and your main thread on this topic is so long that it is even impossible to scroll down to the bottom :slight_smile:

1 Like

The wiki section on Github has excellent documentation for these lua telemetry scripts. You need to check this out.

If you are using a convertor (Mavlink to Frsky Passthrough) that is actually another project. It is found here:

A good reference is also here at RCGroups: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3089648-Mavlink-To-FrSky-Passthrough-Converter

These projects do not actually need any more documentation. Everything you need I linked for you and Eric and Alex spent a lot of time writing it!

This thread is really for issues that arise.

Marc_DornanThanks…I have seen it. I will attempt to consolidate all the info in a simple powerpoint PPT, just for the heck of it. If people like it, we can use it going forward, else it will be for my own personal use.

@yaapu

Hi Alex,

Users of your script tell me that there are problems with the sensors when the models are read in from the transmitter in Companion and (even without changes) written back to the transmitter. In this case no telemetry sensors are updated. If you simply start a new sensor search, it works again.

Do you have an idea where to start or why the behavior is like this?

Hi Reinhard,
I use a standard OpenTX lua function to create those sensors, I guess it’s an OpenTX bug. An issue has been created Lost of sensors if I save the model from PC to the radio using Companion Software · Issue #7613 · opentx/opentx · GitHub

1 Like

I was trying to use on a Taranis x9D using OpenTX 2.3.7.
There was no option for luac in the settings.
Do I need to load an earlier version in order to have the luac option?
I would love to this this a try if it will run with my Taranis and X8R receiver with Pixhawk.

Hi, OpenTX 2.3.7 has the lua option only, the luac one is activated by default when choosing lua support.

I have success in installing your program on my transmitter Taranis 7Q Open TX 2.3.5, ArduPlane_V4.0.3frskyinvert https://youtu.be/AL-b1EnsAOE
The script was tested on the R9M FLEX FCC module and the Matek 765 WING flight controller and the Taranis 7Q FW 2.3.5 Open TX transmitter.
To connect to the Sports of resiver R9, I made an inverter (adapter) on the on the BC547 transistors, to obtain signal levels on Rx Tx 3.3 B applied the linear regulator LOW DROPOUT VOLTAGE REGULATORS LM2950 3.3 V
Installation options in The Matek 765 WING (UART 1 for Matek matches SERIAL2 ARDUPILOT) :
SERIAL2_PROTOCOL 10 FrSky SPort Passthrough (OpenTX)
SERIAL2_BAUD 57

However, how I can you get the vario sound to control the movement of the glider in the thermal air flow? Thank you for your Yaapy program!

So I should be able to get it working then right? I was getting a script error so I thought some was wrong. Thanks so much, I will work on it since you seem to indicate it will work.
Looks like a great tool, thanks so much.

I made the sound of the variometer through the functions of the transmitter using the telemetry page and special functions, for example, as in this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2CYrFSwweI

I wish you well in further development of the program and would like to have this feature in the body program Yaapy

Hi Aleksandr,
I try not to duplicate features that are already made possible by OpenTX, vario tones and altitude audio reporting are both possible and quite simple to configure using plain OpenTX, so I never planned adding them as features.

Alex

1 Like

Yes it should definitely work!

1 Like

Hi Alex,
Thank you for the quick and clear answer! I would like to know in what project this feature will be made Frsky bidirectional telemetry implementationimage

is this feature planned in the body of the Yaapu program?