An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Wow!
Thanks for this job!

Is possible to configure with TBS Crossfire ?

1 Like

Awesome Job!! Subscribed!!

1 Like

@renatux unfortunately my script does not support the crossfire telemetry protocol at the moment

Hello thank you for this beautiful work it work but I have a problem of display
20180307_152606

this is the standard message when telemetry is no more connected, for example when you switch off the receiver.

Yes I understand but I have this image when the telemetry works and when the radio is lit(switched on)

Hi, please check if you are getting the sensor value “RxBt” which is the rx voltage in your model telemetry page, I use it to check for valid telemetry

Hello Alex yes I have well a value “BtRx” of 4.7v, But I maybe made a bad regulation somewhere else I fetch!
a2

ok, easy fix, the sensor in french is “BtRx” whereas in english and italian is “RxBt”, I’ll fix it by switching to RSSI to detect telemetry, in the meantime please try to rename the variable to RxBt to verify my temp solution

Thanks to you Alex I am going to try to rename(reappoint) in Rx Bt

I renamed(reappointed) the sensor ( Bt Rx) in ( Rx Bt) in my Taranis and all work once again thank you

very good news!
now that it works…feedback is welcome :slight_smile:

Hi Alex,

I just saw this blog by chance. What a great job! I am excited to try it out soon.

Can you tell me if the QuadPlane flight modes are supported?

Cheers!

Hi, yes all plane flight modes are supported, take a look at the /SOUNDS/yaapu0/en folder there a sound file for each supported flight mode and if anything is missing let me know and I’ll fix it!

1 Like

Hi Greg,
I added a flight modes section to the documentation

Awesome…thank you!

many thanks to @alainlive for providing french sound files.

The config menu now has an option for french language!

Hi Alex,

I had some success today with my initial test of your script. First, I needed to upgrade one of my Taranis X9D+ radios from OpenTX v2.1.9 to v2.2.1. This seemed surprisingly smooth and my models were loaded back in nicely. Next, I added your SD card files using the pre-compiled yaapu9.luac version. For my initial test, I upgraded my Pixracer 250mm quad to Copter v3.5.5 and needed to remember that the FRS port of the Pixracer is on Serial 4 (the FrSky Telemetry section of the Wiki was great for this) and change it to 10 for PassThrough.

I then re-discovered my telemetry sensors and it worked great! It is so nice to see all the information on the Taranis display without being close to my GCS. I also like the easy configuration screen. It is very convenient!

Next, I will try a QuadPlane setup. Thanks for all your effort!

Hello! Great job. Any chance to use it with an Horus?

Hi Greg,

thanks, I’m very pleased you had success with my script!

I just want to point out that telemetry sensor discovery is not required for the script to work, the sensors you managed to discover are those created by my script: values are read from the passthrough telemetry stream and injected into opentx as sensors conforming to frsky types and names.
This allows for functions and switches in opentx to access sensors that otherwise would be unreachable.

Looking forward to your QuadPlane setup feedback :slight_smile: