An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

Hello Alex @yaapu
Thanks for the magnificent work, I had stopped using my Taranis X9D and use mainly the TX16S due to the great colorful telemetry screen.
Is there a way to add RPM data into the screen ?
I fly helicopters and the RPM is part of the data inside the pixhawk AP.
checked your LUA that has great comment. I might add it myself, but could not figure if the RPM is telemetered on the passthrough.
Regards
Zvika

Hello @hdrme
Check your receiver, it should be transmitting S-Port data and not F-Port (i had this issue holding me for more than a week… till i found that)

I apparently had is right and didn’t recognize it. What was happening is that I expected to see values showing on the model telemetry page before it would work. As a result, Option 4 was doing that, but then not populating the widget. Going back to Option 10 and trying once again it’s now working. It works fine, but would love a widget more suited to rovers and boats…no artificial horizon taking up space, for example. The maps function is working and that could be very useful.

Hi,
I’m really open to suggestions for rover and boats, try to draw something and do a proposal, just keep in mind that in lua we can’t rotate and/or scale images, all we can draw are lines and rectangles, we can display images and “animate” by using multiple images.
And unfortunately we do not have telemetry for wind, neither real or apparent

cheers,

Alex

Alex, in thinking about it for my Rover and Boat, I’d like to see a customizable grid sized to be easy to read with Mode, Speed, Heading, Distance from home, Distance to next Waypoint, # of Satellites, Battery voltage, RSS, distance to an obstacle in front, and home direction (arrow). These are not in order. A small artificial horizon could be beneficial for a boat to show if it’s listing left/right (taking on water) and for a land rover to easily see if you’re on your side or upside down or maybe stuck in a ditch. A couple of lines of messages at the bottom for current messages could be helpful, but not at the expense of the other info…at least that’s the way I see it. After reading what I just asked for, there really wouldn’t be room for messages…these are fine the way you have them now on another screen.

Hi all,
I created a thread dedicated to passthrough over crossfire support for my scripts :slight_smile:

cheers,

Alex

2 Likes

Hello,

I have a question about the custom sensors. I have one LW20 sensor connect via serial to the pixhawk. And than via teensy 3.2 and mav2pass the telemetry.

And I would like to put the sensor forward on a gimbal and have the range on the yaapu telemetry screen. Is this possible?

regards
Christian

Hi @Christian81 that would not be possible without customizing the MavToPT code to inject either custom frsky sensors or custom passthrough telemetry packets :frowning:

Hi everybody,
I’m adding support for google maps to my Widget, maps will be downloaded using MissionPlanner’s prefetcher tool from the mission planning screen, I was really missing google maps :slight_smile:

The widget will be compatible with the older GMapCacther format, switching to google maps will require selecting the new map provider from the config menu.

I will change the way the 3 pos zoom toggle switch works:

• up keep increasing the zoom level once per second
  • mid do nothing
  • low keep decreasing the zoom level once per second

this way it will be possible to take advantage of all zoom levels.

cheers,

Alex

4 Likes

Thanks Alex, very useful! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does that mean we will be able to use Mission Planner to download maps now?

Yes, next version will allow to use missionplanner (or gmapcacther) to download maps :slight_smile:

Alex, when the script will be touchscreen ready?
Thanks!

ah :thinking:…when the radios and OpenTX will be touchscreen ready :slight_smile:

Jokes apart as soon as OpenTX will add official touchscreen support I will try to incorporate it in my widgets, OpenTX 2.4 will also allow to send keyboard events to widgets so I will no longer need an external config tool, and navigation from page to page will be simpler.

I played a bit with the NV14 simulator with touchscreen enabled and it worked fine even though touch screen requires looking at the screen to be effective while switches and buttons allow for “navigation by memory”, a mix of the two approaches is indeed the perfect solution!

1 Like

Hi all just a quick question how does it work out cell voltage my one is all ways in the red and never right

Go to the Yaapu Config and you can set the number of battery cells. batt[1] cell count override. This fixed the problem for me.

Thanks for that will go fix and test it now :+1:

Alex, this an AP, not LUA issue, but perhaps you can point me in the right direction.

I can’t get any FrSky telemetry from one of my boards: https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/frsky-telemetry-yaapu-working-on-f405-failing-on-bb-blue/

Hi,
you probably have a timing issue on the serial port, linux boards are too slow in responding, ardupilot checks how long it takes for the FC to respond to the frsky polling and if too slow discards the response.
You should get good results with an external ESP32 board running the MavToPT firmware by @Eric_Stockenstrom

Alex

Thank you, Alex. I’m ordering a Teensy 3.2 (don’t need the wireless features in ESP32). I can see how that would solve my problem.

Does your response imply that none of the Linux boards support SERIAL_PROTOCOL 10?