An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

I get a “not enough memory” error on X7.

1.8.0 works.

Taranis QX7
OpenTX 2.3.5 (happens with 2.3.4 as well)

Hi,
that error means your radio is trying to compile the script!
You need to copy to the radio SD card the compiled (binary) version from this path.

Please follow the wiki

Alex

NO GPS on my widget means the radio is not receiving the ardupilot status packets.
Is everything else working? The artificial horizon, voltage, etc?

1.8.1 works.
Maybe I have copied the wrong file.
What’s confusing is that the 1.8.1 writes a “yaapu 1.8.0” message.

Hi Alex,
Yes, everything else seems to be working.
Artificial Horizon - Yes
Voltage - Yes
Current - Yes
Flight Mode - Yes
Compass - Yes
fc Voltage - Yes
Armed/Disarmed - Yes

Thanks

Hi, there’s no 1.8.1 for Taranis radios. Latest is 1.8.0.
Version 1.8.1 is Horus only.

Played with yaapu telemetry on Horus for the first time over the weekend, 1.8.1, running over Fport.

Very very cool, nice work!

Thanks for the kind words!
Telemetry over fport needs a bit of tuning but single wire is cool :slight_smile:

Will it work with qzek,lora module?

Hi,
unfortunately QZEK does not support frsky passtrough telemetry but you might be ble to get it working by using the (limited?) mavlink support with the MavToPT firmware running on an esp32.

Doug did you come up with a solution?

Hey Alex, on my Horus X12S I am unable to see the RPM values from ArduCopter. I have GPS and I go to sensor discovery, and there are four sensors there ending with the GPS. If I try to discover more, no more show up. I presume this is why I can’t see RPM, but, I must be doing something wrong. Any chance you can think of a quick fix to get RPM displayed? I do get it in MAVLink1/2 and see it in Mission Planner, if that matters…

Thanks again for the awesomeness! Looking forward to seeing you in Canberra

Hi Josh,
rpm is not exposed by passthrough telemetry that’s the reason why you can’t discover it.
I made a PR for helipilot to add support for RPM1 and RPM2 sensors, I guess I could do the same for ardupilot.
Btw are you talking about esc RPM or about RPM1 and RPM2.

…looking forward to seeing you too :slight_smile:

1 Like

RPM1 (and 2, I suppose, however in my case it is not being used.)

Oddly enough, I can’t discover any other sensors either. Is that normal? I see the Radio ones, and then GPS, and that is it.

Hi Alex, is ESC telemetry values(rpm, temperature,…) supported at the moment? I’m using Hurus X12S with Frsky telemetry passthrough. Thank you!

Hi Josh, on Horus and T16 sensor discovery is different from Taranis radios, you need to let discovery run and while it’s running go back to the yaapu widget let it run a couple seconds and finally get back to the sensors page to stop discovery, it’s explained here

Hi, not at the moment.
Could you describe a use case for esc telemetry on the radio?
And also:

• what mavlink rate do you usually use for esc telemetry?
  • how precise should the rpm be, divided by 10 or 50 would be ok, like 13250 sent as 265 ( 265 * 50 = 13250)
    same question for RPM,Voltage, Current and Temperature

The most critical part is how ofter you think the telematry should be refreshed to be usefull or from my perspective what is the lowest possible rate for esc telemetry?

thanks

Alex

Hi Alex,

I added a small video monitor to my Horus so that I can see what my planes sees as well as my location on the map. Now I wish my season matched the nice summer weather on the main screen below! All the white in the video monitor is from it snowing out my back window. It’s 6 degrees F here this morning.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Hi Alex, my use case is I have a new ESC 4in1 and I want to monitor temperatures and rpm so that I know it is working normally and the temperature is not so high.

• I think the lowest rate of 1 or 2Hz is useful enough to monitor the ESC health.
  • I think RPM/50 or /100, Volt * 2, Current * 2, and Temperature are fine for my application.

Let me know if I can help. Thank you!

Oh dangit, I knew that Alex, sorry! I had just forgotten since re-flashing this radio and starting from scratch. Everything showed up :slight_smile:

1 Like