I am using a Pixhawk with Syren ESC driving a small trolling motor, Ardurover 3.2.1, Mission Planner. Steering is set to servo 1, Throttle set to 3. I have disabled all fail safe settings because I am using one of the radio switches to control the main power to the drone. I seem to have good GPS, Compass settings, basic calibration, and everything works great in Manual mode.
The Pixhawk is connected to a tablet computer via Bluetooth and the tablet is connected to long range WIFI. I use Team viewer to remote into the system. It works beautifully and has incredible range.
I’ve been doing testing in the Santa Cruz harbor for the past two months and working through lots of fixes/improvements to the basic system and have ironed out the mechanical/power mgmt/communications systems. The final thing to dial in is the navigation.
The problem is that the drone starts doing doughnuts when I move to Auto. I reversed the yaw setting on radio calibration and it seemed to work better. Then again, I tested the reversed setting while on the dock and the rudder moved the wrong direction if heading to the way point. So, I switched it back. I added a separate power system for the electronics that is isolated from the motor circuit which cleaned up a lot of the line noise.
I’ve started working through the logs (one is attached) and kinda getting lost in the numbers. I seem to have steady power, reasonably stable compass readings, stable GPS, but the darn drone won’t follow the mission.
I am missing something and reaching out for some help/wisdom. Attached is a link to the most recent log file and a picture of the drone.
Link to Log: