Airboat Differential Motors Unsure about Arduboat set up. Need guidance/advice

This is my first Ardupilot / Autonomous Project.

I’m doing a project that requires this boat to go to a specific way point for water quality testing/sampling.
This Airboat configuration uses 2 air propelled motors are meant to be a differential thrust.
No servo involved and thrust reversal.

I’m using Pixhawk2.1 . Futaba 10 J , Futaba R2008SB Receiver. Everything works well manually when i plug the motors to the receiver only but not the channels on Pixhawk2.1

Issue # 1
I’m not unsure about how to set the parameter for the motor to function as a differential thrust.
I have tried many times, but the motors behave weirdly.
Need some advice on which version or ArduRover to use and the parameter settings needed.

End Goal
End Goal of this project will require this Airboat to move to the way point autonomously ,and also control manually.

I appreciate any form of help. Thank you very much

I think you want to set up the Ardurover in skid-steer mode (either RC passthrough, if you want to use an RC controller with skid steer, or the other mode if you want to use an RC controller with a throttle and left/right stick), and then set the output channels accordingly (SRV1_CHANNEL needs to be 73 and SRV2_CHANNEL needs to be 74 from memory), assuming your motors are connected to output 1 and output 2.

Then, everything should work how you want.

@Nicholas_Lee
I think several of us are all working on the same problem.
Here
and here
Still no good solution, but hopefully we can pool ideas and get something working for differential thrust.

1 Like