Servers by jDrones

ADTI mapping cameras

Hello,

Does anyone have any information on the performance of the ADTI mapping cameras sold by UnmannedRC or any experience with them? I am looking for cameras made outside China for US Govt projects. These are reasonably priced and can be assembled in Canada apparently with Japanese sensors and controller.

Thanks

Looks to be the same as the Foxtech Map-02 Mapping camera. I’m also curious if anyone has experience with these cameras.

1 Like

Ive used one of these and the Foxtech Map 02 for survey work. Much prefer the ADTI camera. The manufacturer is extremely responsive to questions.
I only had an issue with some of the shortcut functions changing modes during flight (usually the scroll wheel left right up down). I wasnt sure if this was a noisy power supply causing this, but once I turned them off the camera operated perfectly.
I ended up powering mine from a 12V step down. They claim 2S works but it didnt for me.
Other than that the camera works great.

1 Like

I actually gave up on this reseller since you have to request a quote for everything and the person I talked to could only give me a price on one camera at a time.

@Jose1could you explain why you prefer this one over the map02 other than better service?

Build quality and price if we are ignoring the service provided (Foxtech just ask you to return something if there is an issue).
The frame that encloses the Camera is much better (ADTI), Map-02 frame cracked after a while and was extremely thin. Quality of the images is the same in my opinion. Ive attempted to get a Map-02 shutter fixed here in Australia and no camera shop would touch it, turned into a $1000 USD paper weight. I havnt had to get an ADTI camera fixed yet though.
Also the constant crashing of the Map-02 was annoying (required restart), it became a problem if you didnt have live feedback from your camera screen. Havnt had that issue with the ADTI.

This is all my opinion, but I personally will be using ADTI in the future.

2 Likes

Ok thats great to know @Jose1 thank you for the feedback I might give ADTI another try!

1 Like

Is there any other option like this ones? foxtech is not good as it not saves the data&time and is a pain to adjust it at every flight. also as Joe said it keeps crashing.

I saw a camera that looked exactly like the map 02 from foxtech, but it worked flawlessly. Do you know alternatives beside adti also ?

Thanks

A belated thanks to everyone for responding here, much appreciated.

The Surveyor Lite 26S by ADTI has some nice features and is still reasonably priced, if you request a quote: https://unmannedrc.com/products/26mp-drone-aerial-survey-aps-c-mapping-camera-surveyor-max-26s

I’m curious if anyone has any experience with this model in particular?

Servers by jDrones