ADTI mapping cameras

Hello,

Does anyone have any information on the performance of the ADTI mapping cameras sold by UnmannedRC or any experience with them? I am looking for cameras made outside China for US Govt projects. These are reasonably priced and can be assembled in Canada apparently with Japanese sensors and controller.

Thanks

Looks to be the same as the Foxtech Map-02 Mapping camera. I’m also curious if anyone has experience with these cameras.

1 Like

Ive used one of these and the Foxtech Map 02 for survey work. Much prefer the ADTI camera. The manufacturer is extremely responsive to questions.
I only had an issue with some of the shortcut functions changing modes during flight (usually the scroll wheel left right up down). I wasnt sure if this was a noisy power supply causing this, but once I turned them off the camera operated perfectly.
I ended up powering mine from a 12V step down. They claim 2S works but it didnt for me.
Other than that the camera works great.

1 Like

I actually gave up on this reseller since you have to request a quote for everything and the person I talked to could only give me a price on one camera at a time.

@Jose1could you explain why you prefer this one over the map02 other than better service?

Build quality and price if we are ignoring the service provided (Foxtech just ask you to return something if there is an issue).
The frame that encloses the Camera is much better (ADTI), Map-02 frame cracked after a while and was extremely thin. Quality of the images is the same in my opinion. Ive attempted to get a Map-02 shutter fixed here in Australia and no camera shop would touch it, turned into a $1000 USD paper weight. I havnt had to get an ADTI camera fixed yet though.
Also the constant crashing of the Map-02 was annoying (required restart), it became a problem if you didnt have live feedback from your camera screen. Havnt had that issue with the ADTI.

This is all my opinion, but I personally will be using ADTI in the future.

2 Likes

Ok thats great to know @Jose1 thank you for the feedback I might give ADTI another try!

1 Like

Is there any other option like this ones? foxtech is not good as it not saves the data&time and is a pain to adjust it at every flight. also as Joe said it keeps crashing.

I saw a camera that looked exactly like the map 02 from foxtech, but it worked flawlessly. Do you know alternatives beside adti also ?

Thanks

A belated thanks to everyone for responding here, much appreciated.

The Surveyor Lite 26S by ADTI has some nice features and is still reasonably priced, if you request a quote: https://unmannedrc.com/products/26mp-drone-aerial-survey-aps-c-mapping-camera-surveyor-max-26s

I’m curious if anyone has any experience with this model in particular?

1 Like

@JD_L the Surveyor Lite 26s has an APS-C sensor and still 82 gr lens included : amazing !
what price did they ask ?

Around $1500 for that newest model. I don’t have that particular camera but ADTI had excellent customer support for anyone on the fence about ordering from them.

2 Likes

Hi guys,

So I ended buying and ADTI Surveyour 2 lite 26 Mpx camera.
I installed it on, but I have trouble with it working on auto missions. It doesn’t trigger, but if I hit the ‘Trigger Now’ button in MP it triggers without problems.

Does anyone know about this issue?

I have been thinking about buying 61 MP camera. I believe there are two products: 1) 61s being 61 MP surveyor camera from ADTI and 2) SHARE 6100 . Has anyone have any experience with any of them?

Does anyone know the cost of ADTi Surveyor 42S pro

Hello Michael Dominic
Could you tell us how the ADTI Surveyour 2 lite 26 Mpx camera works. You managed to solve the problem you pointed out with the trigger.

Hello Michael Dominic
Could you tell us how the ADTI Surveyour 2 lite 26 Mpx camera works. You managed to solve the problem you pointed out with the trigger.

Did you end up buying one of those two cameras? If so, could I ask you some questions?

Andrea,

No I have not bought any of the cameras from ADTI. I have been considering 61MP one but am still waiting till more customers come and need high GSD projects.
Which one are you aiming at? What use do you see they can help you with? I am focused on agriculture and 61 MP camer can offer, as I see it, reasonable GSD for projects like plant count allowing to capture more area per battery.
Do you have any experience with any of the ADTI cameras or maybe heard opinions about them?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Br,
Pawel

I have a 61MP one if any one wants to ask questions about it.
Issues I’ve had:

• Any changing of settings on the camera is a pain(awkward to navigate menu and very limited support)
  • Support is sporadic
  • Wasn’t working by default with any of my PPK or INS devices(had to be resent to China to get fixed)
  • Lens is terrible and its not possible to manually focus any other more decent ones(I hope Im worng here but it seems like the only way to do it is to take a photo, take out the card, read it to verify the focus, then reinsert it in the camera, adjust the focus slightly, take another photo and repeat)

Sounds like there are more problems than one would expect to have buying expensive camera.
I am going to wait then till the camera is improved as well as ADTI support.

What lens do you use? Is it any of the Sony E ones or ADTI one?