800 Gas Helicopter Governor help

Yeah, I don’t know. The new governor I wrote needs a reliable speed signal or it’s going to be considerably more unpleasant than the old code with a flaky sensor. Hall effect sensors are pretty simple and reliable devices, without them your car engine won’t even run. The fact that it works on NuttX tells me the hardware is fine. The fact that it seems to be problematic otherwise tells me it’s probably not going to be a good idea to put the new governor in 4.1 without a different and more reliable method of speed measurement.

I’m using the Drotek Pixhawk 3 Pro as well with Aliexpress Hall effect sensor with 10K resistor between 7V to signal (Pull up) and I’m getting the RPM1 reading.

I still having problems to make the governor to engage.
I followed Chris instructions from the thread bellow, but I’m probably missing something.

What should I check?

Thank you
Rotem

Hi ., all
My case is CUAV V5 Nano with hall effect sensor like a 3144 which need +5V to drive , Can I get +5V from AUX3 (+ - S) and sent output to “S” pin of A3 , or I need to link another +5V from another or external or RC pin please.
Measuring A3, I can’t found any volt from A3 (+ -) but found 3.3v between “-” and “S” please.
Thanks you
Zicroff

@Zicroff_Inventor Did you know that you have to power the servo rail with a battery or BEC?

@bnsgeyer Yes , at servo rail I have put 8.4volt from buck convertor for hv servo , but for hall sensor need 5v , just confuse about 5v source from AUX or not please

About 2 years back I set up a big gasser and I used GY701 sensor and the governor and it worked great. I see that you are trying to use the autopilot as as governor so this might not be relevant to you. But for me, it worked great, and I can see the governor was able to quickly recover the blade speed after a sudden control of the helicopter.

Anyone here tried using a stator gator sensor with the pixhawk or any external Governor??
Please update.

Thanks
Adarsh