30KM 1080p 60fps 150ms - SIYI HM30 Full HD Digital Video Link Telemetry Radio System

I just downloaded the HM30 firmware pack to do some updates - how do I know which file to use between the (GD) and (ST) files? What do these abbreviations stand for?

These denote the internal microcontroller manufacturer/type used in the product (GD = GigaDevice, ST = ST Microelectronics, N32 = Nation Technologies).

1 Like

Thanks @Risto. How would I identify which microcontroller type I have in my HM30?

Easiest is to check the air unit version number in the ground unit display in connected state. v0.x.x ā†’ ST, v3.x.x ā†’ GD, v5.x.x ā†’ N32.

Would that be on this page here?

I pulled it up via SIYI Assistant I believe, with the ground unit connected wirelessly to the air unit/gimbal and the ground unit plugged in the PC. The ā€œreceiverā€ is the Air Unit, Iā€™m guessing, so 5.2.4 would signal that I should use the N32 firmware. Is that correct?

Yes. Sky Firmware 5.2.4 ā†’ N32

Fantastic, thank you! Iā€™m now updating the ground unit, and it appears to be stuck in the Red/Blue/Yellow LED firmware update state, which has me quite concerned. Is there any way to reset it to boot normally? Hoping itā€™s not bricked.

Did you manage to flash your HM30 GU finally OK?

No unfortunately it would not respond to anything I tried, just maintained the firmware update LED pattern every time I powered on. I have reached out to Siyi but I imagine that I may not hear back from them until after Chinese New Year. Do you have any suggestions for how to get it sorted out? @Risto

Unfortunately no direct solution for you. Does the connection come up in the PC, so that you could re-try flashing with Siyi software? What does the display show? Nothing? Maybe you can make a short video showing what happens when you power it up and attach your HM30 GU to computer and post the link to the video here to see if anyone has an idea how to proceed.

Sure thing. Hereā€™s a link to the video https://youtube.com/shorts/L6dUyHBBze0?feature=share Iā€™m at a loss what to do next. @Risto

It is doing itā€™s blinky LED thing and the device pops up in the computer and in SIYI assistant, so that is IMHO a good thing as this means to me that the main microcontroller is alive. The manual does not unfortunately give further hints what to do in this situation. Did you try to just reapply that firmware file with SIYI assistant? If that does not work, I guess you need to wait for someone from SIYI to chime in how to proceed/recover.

Thanks for your response, Risto. Unfortunately, I think all thatā€™s appearing now in the Assistant is the bootloader? There were two devices present when I originally connected the first time to update firmware, and now the second device doesnā€™t appear. So Iā€™m hesitant to try to load the firmware onto the first device since that wasnā€™t the device that I tried to install it to originally, if that makes sense. (Maybe thatā€™s why Iā€™m having a problem to begin with - loaded to the wrong device.) I wish Iā€™d saved a screenshot of that first time.

Good day to everyone!
Do anybody know, is it possible to use ELRS_2.4G_V1 ELRS Nano Receiver ā€“ BETAFPV Hobby RC receiver with the HM30?
P.S. I had tried regular PPM receiver with the HM30 ( and it was working Ok (AirUnit ā†’ FC via S.BUS), but I canā€™t get RC commands if ELRS_2.4G_V is connected to the GnoundUnit (Tx ā†’ 1 pin (PPM/S.Bus/UART) or 2 pin (serial port)).
HM30 FM is 0.1.7

I need 4k 60fps camera preferably with optical zoom as well. i need to transmit to ground from as far as km. this means that the telemetric range should 20km. @SIYI

Do somebony knows: do ground unit HM30 supports CRSF (TBS Crossfire) on its RC input?

Unfortunately I donā€™t know if the HM30 ground unit supports CRSF like youā€™re asking, but If it doesnā€™t, ELRS RXs can also be reconfigured for SBUS output, which I think should work with the HM30 ground unit.

Thank You for the answer!
Yes, my ELRS RC Rx is able to be switched to SBUS (ELRS version 3.3.2). But when I switched it to SBUS, it does not connect to my Jumper T20 How to Setup Jumper T20S Radio | Upgrades, Tips and Tricks - Oscar Liang . My Jumper T20 is equipped with the built-in transmitter only, and as can I see through its configuration, its Tx is set to CRSF and, probably, cannot be set to SBUS, so maybe this is the case why do it cannot connect with the Rx when the Rx is in SBUS (Iā€™m using T20 and ELRS for the first time :smiling_face:)

Do you want to connect your HM30 ground unit with a cable to your Jumper T20, or do you want a HM30 GU + ELRS RX relay station setup?