30KM 1080p 60fps 150ms - SIYI HM30 Full HD Digital Video Link Telemetry Radio System

So it sounds like the relay function is a pilot handoff. I was looking for something like the situation shown in the attached map. Only one pilot at the MK15 location where around the Southern point is out of line of sight. This is where my Herelink has been dropping out. If the HM30 was setup at East side as shown, can it relay from the MK15 to the designated area unattended? That’s what I thought the relay function was, but it seems I may have been overly optimistic lol!

Yes, HM30 system is already FCC certified

1 Like

Someone needs to switch control on the HM30 side.

By the way, is it really necessary to have relay feature in distance of 1.4 km? It is quite close.

”If you need an option from SIYI, we ever tested a 26 dB antenna and it"worked well far to 60 km.”
I can’t find a store that sells 26dB antenna.
Please introduce the store.

This happens all the time with the Herelink so I’d assume it would be the same for the HM30. I’m not even sure what the Herelink’s max range is, but personally 10km seems pretty easy. That’s flying though. Working with boats of more difficult to get line of sight, not the mention you’re dealing with fresnel zone issues. In this example, that area 1.4km away doesn’t work for a pilot. Most tailings facilities only have a single access to the water. So if you’re piloting the boat at the location 1.4km away, you’d have to drive all the way around to launch site to swap battereis lol! Well if the HM30 ever adds a relay station function, I’m in!

Frank, just an update on the around the world trip the air unit I sent you is making!
BTW, While I got a “we’re sending it” message, I’ve never gotten any details and don’t know if the replacement was actually shipped …
-Mike

USPS5/25/2022 10:55:00 PM Departed. TOKYO. JAPAN
USPS5/23/2022 1:05:00 PM Departed. LOS ANGELES. UNITED STATES
USPS5/23/2022 8:03:00 AM Arrived. LOS ANGELES. UNITED STATES
USPS5/22/2022 12:49:00 AM Processed Through Regional Facility. LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
USPS5/12/2022 2:23:00 PM Departed. BEIJING. CHINA
USPS5/11/2022 10:55:00 PM Departed. TOKYO. JAPAN
USPS5/9/2022 1:05:00 PM Departed. LOS ANGELES. UNITED STATES
USPS5/9/2022 11:07:00 AM Arrived. LOS ANGELES. UNITED STATES
USPS5/7/2022 12:00:00 AM In Transit to Next Facility
USPS5/5/2022 11:12:00 AM Arrived at Regional Facility. LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
USPS5/5/2022 11:12:00 AM Departed USPS Facility. CARSON
USPS5/2/2022 7:47:00 PM Processed Through Regional Facility. LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
USPS4/29/2022 11:02:00 PM Arrived at Regional Facility. LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
USPS4/29/2022 11:02:00 PM Arrived at USPS Facility. CARSON
USPS4/18/2022 10:32:00 AM Processed Through Facility. TALLINN (US MILITARY)
USPS4/15/2022 1:13:00 AM Departed. TALLINN. ESTONIA
USPS4/14/2022 9:34:00 PM Departed. FRANKFURT. GERMANY
USPS4/11/2022 1:45:00 AM Departed. CHICAGO. UNITED STATES
USPS4/10/2022 11:37:00 AM Arrived. CHICAGO. UNITED STATES
USPS4/10/2022 1:02:00 AM Processed Through Regional Facility. CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
China Post
EMS4/10/2022 1:02:00 AM Arriving at an overseas destination. Leaving the overseas export exchange bureau (not yet arrived at China Post). Leaving the Overseas Export Exchange Bureau
USPS4/9/2022 9:31:00 PM Arrived at Regional Facility. CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
USPS4/9/2022 9:31:00 PM Departed USPS Regional Facility. CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
USPS4/9/2022 4:47:00 PM Processed Through Regional Facility. CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
USPS4/9/2022 7:49:00 AM Arrived at Regional Facility. CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
USPS4/9/2022 7:49:00 AM Arrived at USPS Regional Facility. CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
China Post
EMS4/9/2022 7:49:00 AM Arriving at an overseas destination. Arrive at the Overseas Export Exchange Bureau
USPS4/9/2022 7:48:00 AM Arrived at USPS Regional Facility. CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
USPS4/7/2022 11:39:00 PM Arrived at USPS Regional Facility. EL PASO TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Hi Mike,

The replacement has been sent to your seller on April 21. And the seller declares that they have shipped out the unit. Do you receive a tracking number from them?

1 Like

No I have not received a tracking number.

Thank you for following up on this.

-Mike

No I have not received a tracking number.

Thank you for following up on this.

-Mike

Hello, I was working mission planner getting setting sorted with HM30 up so I could throw control surface. All was working well then I lost connection from one room to the next…I’m inside the house. Had been a while so I figured I just needed to charge battery to ground unit > did > fired the system up and no connection. The ground unit slow flashed red and I notice that the ground unit hangs on loading. It’s always loaded with a number.

https://youtu.be/uQtgYpHHbUk

I did update ground unit firmware (1.8) with same result…stuck on loading.

Hi Jim

The indicator blinks like firmware is empty.

Could you try to flash firmware again for the ground unit, please? And show us a video while you are doing it. Thanks

Mission Planner / HM30 test

All, we are testing MP and find lots of latency on the video. We connected the HM30 on the LAN connector.

If we connect the Easyplayer on this LAN connection, no video latency at all.
We copied the MP rtsp string from post 62 above.
Anyone using MP and have good video?

Thanx
Bart

Anyone connecting the HM30 with the USB Type-C to a Windows environment? I cannot get it recognised.

Bart

Hi Bart
We will test for both your feedback on our side asap. Anyone who can help answer at the same time will be appreciated.

Hello Frank,
Yes sir. As mentioned, I was running through setup on pix with HM30 running as well to throw surfaces. It was doing fine until it acted as if the connection was reaching end of range…intermittent > the surfaces would hang for a second or two > control would come back > then nothing. I figured I had piddled too much and run the battery low. Ground unit was still running, just red lights. I charged until green > started unit > nothing. The unit has not even been outdoors yet, so temperature shouldn’t be an issue. The only thing I have at this point is a FrSky Rx connected. I have tried installing firmware with Rx unplugged. I have reverted to 1.7 (shows in app) > nothing > updated to 1.8 (shows in app) > nothing. I did grab fresh download from google site.

firmware install_startup

Very sorry, Jim. The ground unit blinks triple red. Please return it and we will ship you a new ground unit immediately.
It is still the issue which has a chance happening on the lot shipping out from Jan to Feb. I didn’t expect that it could happen to both your ground unit and air unit.

Thanks Frank. Yes sir, I have contacted support to get that ball rolling. I assume a similar process as the air unit.
For me it’s a hobby thing, so I’m not on a timeline…stuff happens. I do appreciate you guys accepting the issue and not trying to push it off. Thanks for that.
Jim

1 Like

Hi Juri,
Are you still using the same pipeline in MP HUD? I’m using it but see a latency difference with QGC of ~ 2 seconds
Video of latency

Thanx

Bart

Hi Frank,
do you know what causes the triple-red-LED blink issue? And for better understanding could you please say some words why the units need to be replaced and cannot be just re-flashed - what goes wrong on these units produced/shipped out Jan.-Feb. 2022? Is it a physical damage or bootloader issue, or something else? I ask, because I bought mine end of Feb. 2022 and do not want to drive to a flying field to find out that the unit is not working (I have ca. 400km drive to long-range-flying field…)
Thanks!