30KM 1080p 60fps 150ms - SIYI HM30 Full HD Digital Video Link Telemetry Radio System

Thanks for the quick help. I found the App file.
Best regards
Otto

1 Like

I tried to order the Recording Cam at http://shop.holybro.com/hm30-full-hd-digital-video-link_p1278.html
but it’s not possible.

How to order the Recording Camera?

The recording camera is not 100% ready for mass production. I’ll update as soon as it is ready.

1. Does the ground unit work with mission planner and pixhawk?
  2. Can the ground unit be connected to two power source to ensure secure power supply and automatically switch input power during operation ?

Dear SiYi please clarify is that the same HDMI adapter like in MK15 so it wont work with Canon cameras in Europe ?

@SIYI
Thanks for the quick answer. Will wait, enoughe to do with setup the basich unit.

Yes, the HDMI input module is the same.
But we haven’t reappeared your issue on our side, should try harder.

Hello,

I updated the firmware as advised and I am still getting the same phenomenon. I checked the signal with an oscilloscope and there is only noise. Nothing is being sent to the flight controller. The first image is the connection between the FC and the Air Unit.

The second image is the connection between the Ground Unit and the RC Receiver.

My theory remains that there is an issue with the air unit whether HW → port broken or something to do with the port; or Sw → something to do with the firmware.

Please advise.

BM

1 Like

Is it really intended that the HDMI adapter is really almost half the price of the whole unit??

I’ll post some pictures of the HDMI adapter. You will find that with its size won’t be possible to be integrated into the ground unit.
Even if it was integrated, I don’t think the add-on cost will be cheaper than selling alone.

Hi Frank,

Is it possible to connect it to Mission planner as a normal telemetry and to a Radio system with SBUS protocol at the same time?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Initial testing of the HM30 shows some very promising results with respect to video quality and latency. I’m excited about adding video to some of my projects.

I have not yet integrated RC signals, and I’m wondering if the HM30 supports FrSky passthrough telemetry via SBus or, even better, FPort?

I think the answer is yes.
Welcome to have a check about the user manual Chapter 4.3. It is for AAT but I think it is the same for your requirement.

Thanks for your post!

Unfortunately the HM30 system does not support S.Port or F.Port.

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

The Ground Unit HM30 Output Converter is available and the user manual is updated to v1.2 to include the instruction for the converter.

• Ground Unit HDMI Output Converter Specs - Chapter 1.3
  • How to Use the Ground HDMI Converter - Chapter 6.6.5
  • How to Upgrade the Ground HDMI Converter - Chapter 6.7.3

Besides, in the manual, there is

• the complete definition of the SIYI FPV OSD display - Chapter 5

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dN6xjTmUncQ-8LZRCVpfNUr6SEq4XbTr?usp=sharing

Frank,

Thank you much for the prompt reply and the updated docs/firmware. After some more testing today, I have a few more questions:

1. Is there an English version of the SIYI Assistant software? The executable file included with the firmware package appears to be Chinese only, and, unfortunately, I can’t even begin to translate. The instructions seem well written, though…if I could decipher the button functions.

2. It appears that the MAVLink telemetry passthrough supports MAVLink2, but I am unable to get RTCM3 injection from the GCS to the Rover to work at all. Is MAVLink2 fully supported?

3. I intended to use a PPM receiver on the RC port of the ground unit during today’s testing, but even with PPM selected through the menu system, I see no results on the vehicle. When I switch to an SBus receiver, everything works as expected. Is there any additional configuration required to use PPM on the RC port?

Lest I only criticize, I must say that latency through the HDMI adapter is quite good!

Hi Yuri,

If you refer to the SIYI PC Assistant, there is a small button on top of the panel to help you switch to English.

The link is supposed to transmit all information as it is transparent Mavlink. What is this RTCM3 injection for?

Currently HM30 receiver does not support PPM mode. I’ll update if it is going to be supported in the future.

Best regards,
Frank

Frank,

Thank you for pointing out the SIYI PC Assistant language setting. The installer, by the way, does not have an English language setting, but I clicked the button marked “(I)” until installation was complete, which seemed successful.

I did have to select something other than Type-C under DatalinkMode for the SIYI PC Assistant software to recognize the HM30 - an additional step that the manual does not cover.

It looks like the latest firmware is 0.1.7, which my HM30 reports as installed.

You might consider updating your manual, since it clearly states that PPM is supported, and even the firmware includes a selection for it:

RTCM3 injection is a message stream intended to provide precision correction information to GPS modules. The GCS sends MAVLink GPS_RTCM_DATA messages for that purpose. Those messages can easily approach (but should not exceed) the maximum packet size for MAVLink. They have been handled fine by Mission Planner and QGroundControl over every telemetry link I’ve used except for the HM30.

Frank,

I was able to get RTCM3 injection working today with the telemetry rate set to 115200 baud. I will try again at 57600 sometime as well, but I suppose I have to eat my words for now. There is probably no issue with the MAVLink passthrough!

And on a different note, it would be FANTASTIC if a future update could support F.Port.

1 Like

Glad that you have worked the issue out.
I’ll pass the F.Port support idea to the team.