30KM 1080p 60fps 150ms - SIYI HM30 Full HD Digital Video Link Telemetry Radio System

Frank,

Thank you for pointing out the SIYI PC Assistant language setting. The installer, by the way, does not have an English language setting, but I clicked the button marked “(I)” until installation was complete, which seemed successful.

I did have to select something other than Type-C under DatalinkMode for the SIYI PC Assistant software to recognize the HM30 - an additional step that the manual does not cover.

It looks like the latest firmware is 0.1.7, which my HM30 reports as installed.

You might consider updating your manual, since it clearly states that PPM is supported, and even the firmware includes a selection for it:

RTCM3 injection is a message stream intended to provide precision correction information to GPS modules. The GCS sends MAVLink GPS_RTCM_DATA messages for that purpose. Those messages can easily approach (but should not exceed) the maximum packet size for MAVLink. They have been handled fine by Mission Planner and QGroundControl over every telemetry link I’ve used except for the HM30.

Frank,

I was able to get RTCM3 injection working today with the telemetry rate set to 115200 baud. I will try again at 57600 sometime as well, but I suppose I have to eat my words for now. There is probably no issue with the MAVLink passthrough!

And on a different note, it would be FANTASTIC if a future update could support F.Port.

1 Like

Glad that you have worked the issue out.
I’ll pass the F.Port support idea to the team.

Hello Everyone,

SIYI R1 Recording HD Camera is released today. Welcome to have a check!

1 Like

Is there any chance to buy your system from EU shop so as to avoid extra custom costs?

Thank you, Frank!

For those interested, here’s a working pipeline for GStreamer in Mission Planner (counterintuitive to use the H265 codec, but that’s the encoding, despite “main.264” appearing in the rtsp URL):

rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.144.25:8554/main.264 latency=0 ! queue ! application/x-rtp ! rtph265depay ! avdec_h265 ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=BGRA ! appsink name=outsink

Using that pipeline with wired ethernet directly from the HM30 ground unit, measured latency on the “5k Low Latency” setting is 160-200ms (5 to 6 video frames at 30fps).

5 Likes

Great info. But where to buy?
In the shop under “optional parts” no available to select for the cart.

Where to download the Assistant?
I downloaded the Firmware ZIP Package HM30_Firware_Package v0.1.7 202, but it includs 4 ***.bin Files only.

Thanks for your post.

How about 3DXR? They will have the MK15 series in stock soon. But the HM30 series will wait til CE certified.
If you prefer any other shops, please feel free to let us know.

The PC assistant can be downloaded from the HM30 Google Drive link or the website.

Frank,

Does SIYI offer any sort of warranty/product replacement?

I’m unhappy to report that the air unit I was using on my Rover is no longer functioning properly. It powers on, the LEDs indicate an attempt to connect, but it will no longer connect with its paired ground unit. I am able to pair a spare air unit with the ground unit, so I know that the air unit is faulty.

I successfully re-flashed the air unit firmware on the one that is no longer connecting and attempted several times to re-bind with no success.

On a good note, prior to the failure, I was testing alongside a Rover with a Connex video system, and the HM30 had nearly identical range with a little more latency than the Connex (as could be expected), and the HM30 was able to re-establish lost connections much better than the Connex.

Hi Yuri,

Sorry for hearing the issue.

Do you notice any abnormal things on the air unit? What does the LED blinks? It will be great helpful to watch a video.
Do you recall any abnormal operations to the air unit other than powering on/off and binding?

Best regards,
Frank

Hi @SIYI is there an application for iOS ?

Sorry, there is no app available for iOS at this moment

When you hit the button “Buy now” on the SIYI Website (SIYI UAV Smart Remote Controller, Datalink, Video Transmission, RC Hobby Radio
you are linked to the official shop.
And there is a great issue. I ordered 2 small parts (Air Unit and Stick Antenna) and had to pay
the double freight. And this is very hight (2 x 20.48$)

at the moment the only way to see OSD elements is android app, am I right ? If I buy hdmi converter for ground station is it showing me OSD or only video ?

Frank,

Here is a video of the failed air unit powering up. This is all that ever happens now. I cannot rebind it or connect at all. The video is unlisted publicly, but you can follow the link to watch it. My apologies if the quality is a bit low.

I recall no abnormal operation prior to the connection simply dropping and never re-establishing.

Even if you add one more part with the HM30 combo, the standard box won’t fit so additional cost is reasonable.
If you worry about more costs when you are to buy many parts together, it is suggested that you can contact us through AliExpress message in advance for modifying price or let us create the order for you on Alibaba if you also use that platform.

Through the HDMI converter you will see OSD as well.

The air unit RF indicator blinks red slowly which means its RF firmware does not match with the ground unit. Could you have a check what firmware version are in the air unit and the ground unit, please? Did you accidentally flashed the firmware?