1M Span OctaH UAV- Poshold hover bad-Oscillations

2020-12-08 10-55-01.zip (598.0 KB)

Perhaps the PID Rate filters are too low at 8.5Hz (I know this is the tuning guide value for 30" props). Try increasing these to 12Hz and see if there is an improvement in authority.

OK, good idea. Tomorrow I will try it.
Thank you

Hi, it was good idea. Now Quad is fully autotuned and flying perfectly.
Thank you

Actually George this is good information because the Tuning Plug-In in Misison Planner isnā€™t well suited to large props and should be adjusted. So you just changed the rate filters from 8.5Hz to 12 Hz and then Autotuned? Can you post your Parameter file after Autotune?

Please supply another .bin log from some ALTHOLD flight after that autotune - Iā€™d be interested to see how it all worked out.

Also in the other logs and and param files you had some settings that suit 12 cell batteries, yet voltage measurements aligned with 6cells. Current measuring wasnā€™t working either - that will be something very useful to fix.
There was a motor imbalance, which means CW and CCW motors are fighting each other - motor mount twist or frame twist. This will leave less headroom for valid yaw manoeuvres and even affect attitude at times.

Hi All,
I changed param to 11 Hz and than autotune. Autotune was excellent. Params are included.quad flying autotuned.param (18.3 KB)
I know that there is a problem with bigger drones. But could be solved (with good friends :slight_smile:). My biggest drone is on the picture. Weight 47kg, MTOW 99kg. Flight time with 15l fuel 2-3h.

I was wondering why that Battery Voltage looked so odd.

So what we learned on your craft was the calculated ATC_ACCEL and the Rate Filter values were too low. The former is no big deal because it will just be increased with Autotune but the Rate filters being too low affected basic stability to an extent Auto Tune wouldnā€™t be safe to run.

Hi, thank you for your advise. Batteries was not solved yet, but the copter is flying well and ATUN is perfectly done. Thank you

You should still definitely set these:
MOT_BAT_VOLT_MAX,50.4
MOT_BAT_VOLT_MIN,39.6
Or adjust if youā€™re not using convention Lipo 12 cell.

OK, I will do. Tanks

Hi,

Iā€™m sorry but how can you know Georgeā€™s parameter?

Iā€™m just curiousā€¦ I download bin file but I only know how to read DataFlash Logsā€¦ Would you mind let me know how to read Georgeā€™s parameter by bin file.

Thank you in advance.

Extract it with Mission Planner using the ā€œCreate KML+gpxā€ button.

Create KML + gpx button using by bin file?

Can you see that parameter in Mission Planner using by the "Create KML + gpx with .bin file?

Hi, I found it!

It was really 1890 value.

I tried changed file format then open the mission planner then load from file put in Georgeā€™s parameter (20/12/07)
Now, I can see!

Wrong parameter. I checked it too!

I think my bin file format was wrong.

Really, Thank you for your help.