This is a large scratch build HexA running 3.6.5. It’s been a long road, but I’ve been flying in Stabilize and Alt Hold in the past. PosHold would oscillate, and today was going to be the AutoTune day to get the GPS modes working…
I took off in Stabilize, and it popped right up! I intentionally yawed to point it in the direction I wanted, and then did it again. At that point it started to descend at a gentle enough rate, so I pushed the throttle up. All the way up… and it wouldn’t gain altitude.
Looking at the dataflash log after the fact, it looks like RCIn.CH3 tracked my throttle accurately, and CTUN.ThO did as well, but RCOU shows that only 3 motors (the CCW ones) made it to 65%, and the CW ones were much lower, around 30-45%.
I’ve dealt with baro and mag stuff in the past, and I thought that was all squared away. This dataflash log has no errors in it that I can see? I feel like I’ve learned a lot about the guts of ArduCopter, but this one’s stumping me. I did notice that ATT.Yaw and ATT.DesYaw never line up, but some forum posts suggest that might not be relevant for 3.6.
My current plan is to move the wires from the ESCs even further away from the compass, and look for a parameter I saw once about prioritizing attitude vs. altitude.
The only other piece of info that might be relevant is that I did all of the calibration using APM Planner 2 (Linux laptop). I can try redoing it using Mission Planner if anyone thinks that might help, although it’s tricky to do compass and gyro calibration when the thing is so big and heavy
Edit: woops, meant to attach dataflash logs. 2 sec.
Edit 2: 69-12-31_18-00-00.bin (475.7 KB)