Yet another budget FC question

Hello!
I’m totally new to all this Ardu stuff, so please be patient with me.

What I have:
1,7m 3d-printed spitfire mkIX, rx radiomaster ER8GV (2 channels still free), tx radiomaster TX16S mk2 max, cam Foxeer t-rex, vtx Eachine tx801, goggles EV800D.

What I’m looking for is FC/hardware to connect GPS (for location and ground speed), Gyro (for pitch and roll info), 2 or 3 temperature sensors, pitot tube (for air speed) and OSD to show all this on my goggles :wink:
I don’t need functions like autopilot or other fly-aids, and I dont want to overpay for something I won’t need and/or use…

What I’m considering:
GPS - Radiolink M10N
Gyro - no idea yet :slight_smile:
Pitot - CUAV HOT pitot tube
OSD - MinimOSD
FC - SpeedyBee F405

Please tell me what you’d change.
Thanks in advance

Welcome to the community :wave:t2:

For the purpose you described the M10N GPS and the SpeedyBee F405 V4 are good budget options, however I can not recommend Radiolink as a company, look for an M10N from someone else. Also keep in mind that we currently see a lot of users with problems when setting up the SpeedyBee F405.

The SpeedyBee F405, like most FCs, already comes with a Gyro and OSD, so you can scrap those two.

The CUAV HOT seems overkill, there are budget-friendlier alternatives available.

Regarding the temperature sensors, any I²C sensor from this list should work.

1 Like

Thanks Janno, this helps a lot!

Avoid the F405 v3, just go for the V4. V3 has lots of known issues.

2 Likes

Or just avoid Speedybee. It’s the Forum filler, just use search… And the latest Stable V4.5 toss’s out a few more features for the aging F4’s and 1mb boards in general. Granted not major items but still…

1 Like

What would you suggest in stead of SB then?

Matek or HolyBro Kakute H743-Wing for Planes.

1 Like

Matek F405 WING V2
Matek H743 WING V3

H743s are very capable and futureproof FCs, but not needed for the proposed purpose. If the objective is basic functionality at low budget F405s are fine.

1 Like