Yaw yo-yo with VTOL Tilt-rotor Convergence..help with log analysis please

Just hovered my newly converted Convergence in my backyard…only issue is a +/- 30 deg heading yo-yo back and forth…any ideas what is causing that?
I am using the same compass/gps location and type as Greg Covey’s build, BN220…no slop in tilt mechanics…tilt trimmed to 90deg/0deg with servo min/max when in QSTABLIZE/MANUAL and no yaw input…same pids as posted in reference build

yaw control works fine…just slowly oscillates back and forth 30deg at neutral

Seems strange. Can you post a log?

I tried tuning and it( greatly increasing Pids)
improved it considerably, but I still cannot completely eliminate the wag…
here is the log file of the last flight with optimized YAW rate PID…
I am not experienced with debugging via the data log, so if anyone can help I would appreciate it…

Try increasing Q_A_RAT_YAW_FILT to 15.0
That’s what I’m using on my Convergence. The rest of my yaw PID parameters are similar to yours.

Thanks, Increased to 10 (the maximum valid value on latest firmware), also doubled my I/P on yaw again…now it holds pretty well…good enough to fly…have tested LOITER and its working well…
winds are 15-20mph here until late in the week, so I have to wait until then to try transitioning…I expect it to be uneventful, however…

The 1-10Hz recommended range for the yaw filter is for multicopters, but vehicles with thrust vectoring can have much faster yaw response than a multicopter. You can use larger values if you want. But I don’t remember how I arrived at 15Hz when I was tuning.