Yaw tuning info

Hi all, I am trying to get a full understanding of the individual yaw params and more importantly how to use the logs to determine what params need adjustment and by how much and what the relationships are with PID and ATC_ACCEL etc. For the purpose of this thread I am not interested in auto tune as what I am really after is a better understanding of all yaw parameters, relationships and diagnosis to gain a full understanding and enable best possible tunes.

I understand the idea of des yaw and actual yaw and so I am aiming more at understanding overshoots and yaw that is not ‘locked in’.

In this thread Overshooting Yaw by about 80% PID's don't seem to make any difference?, @Leonardthall mentioned the use of ATC_ACCEL_Y_MAX and how he felt that the logs showed that the setting of 9000 was a bit high- what shows this or doesn’t? So what is the best way to balance PID setting and accllerations v turing What values were you looking at for this? What else is worth looking at eg filters, and how to determine what are optimal settings for these. Thanks in advance.