Yaw angle limiting in ardupilot

Hello everyone,
Is it possible to limit maximum yaw angle to any desired angle. I am able to toggle around with yaw rate but i would want to fix + or - degree of angle that the drone can Yaw, is this possible?

Thanks,

Can you be more specific? In other words, are you saying you always want it to face in a specific direction?

Because yaw is not (generally) influenced by gravity, it doesn’t really make sense to limit it.

Thank you for the reply, I want my quad to limit its rotation over z-axis ( yaw) not more than 40 degrees to left and 40 degrees to right.

Thanks,

+/- 40 degrees from what? North? What reference frame?

+/- 40 degree considering takeoff heading as zero reference and it is a quadcopter x frame.also if i want to fix the heading of my drone which parameter should i toggle with.

Thankyou,

What is the use case?

Have you looked at simple and super simple modes?

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/simpleandsuper-simple-modes.html#simpleandsuper-simple-modes

I want it to align its heading towards area of interest with deviation being 40 degrees on either side

But why is the limit necessary? It’s a very strange requirement, and the only use case I can imagine is rather nefarious.

You can get that by seting a ROI or POI. It will yaw towards that Region-of-Interrest/ Point-of-Interrest. +/- 5 deg or so.

But please do explain your use case in detail.

1 Like