Yaapu passthrough telemetry... on elrs/zorro setup, currently not working

Running 2.4Ghz ELRS and trying to get yaapu telemtry displat to work.

RC_OPTIONS = 256
SERIAL2_PROTCOL=23
Radiomaster Zorro running Edge TX

Telemetry shows up on the radio, but the yaapu telemetry widget shows no telemetry.
SaveParams.param (20.5 KB)

Using the very latest Arduplane 4.2.1
Using the latest ELRS 2.5.0
Using EdgeTx 2.7.1
Have ELSR set to 1:2 packet/telemetry ratio. 150Hz updates.

There is no Yaapu tool on the SD card image for the latest yaapu script on github.
Running the X7 telemetry lua

The tools do show a debug yaapu CRSF.
Running that shows counts increasing for
500B.

all other counts are zero.

Iā€™m missing something fundamentalā€¦ ideas?

I have 900Mhz crossfire on a T16S, next thing I might try is changing radios alas the T16 is a honker the Zorro is much nicer.

Will be interested to see your experience with the TX16S on EdgeTx 2.7.1, Crossfire and the Yaapu script.

Yeah except the T16 was running Open Txā€¦2.3.11 with ancient crossfire settingsā€¦
I guess I have an evening of updating things!
This is supposed to be fun right ?

It is! But I and others have run into a snag with EdgeTx 2.6 and up with Crossfire and the Yaapu script. There is conflict with running scripts which cause problems. Itā€™s an EdgeTx problem that they donā€™t seem to acknowledge despite reports on multiple platforms (here, Discord and the EdgeTx RCG thread where some Devā€™s hang out).

So where is this upto? Does yaapu work with edgetx and will it work on zorro?

I can confirm it works with EdgeTX 2.8.0 and Crossfire on a Zorro. I guess it should also work with ELRS

You will need EdgeTX 2.8.0 on your Zorro and Yaapu 2.0.0 dev.
To get 2.0.0 dev, download the master.zip on the github where it says ā€œEdgeTX version 2.7 or later with Widget version 2.0.0 or laterā€
Then install the QX7 files on your Zorro. Donā€™t forget to also add the ā€œALL RADIOS/SDā€ files
Your file structure should look like this: Installation on Taranis radios Ā· yaapu/FrskyTelemetryScript Wiki Ā· GitHub

Also check if your ELRS setup is ok: Passthrough over CRSF and ExpressLRS Ā· yaapu/FrskyTelemetryScript Wiki Ā· GitHub

And donā€™t forget to enable Crossfire support in the Yaapu config menu

2 Likes

The step thatā€™s usually responsible for it not working.

3 Likes

Ok thanks, Iā€™ll follow the instructions and see how i go, on a side note i see that only the full size crossfire module has mavlink stream support so you can use the radio telemetry link to pass data back to real gcs, is there a sensible way that the open radios do this through usb or wifi/bt or something instead?

I believe all recent crossfire modules have Wifi built in now and you can connect your ground station to the moduleā€™s hotspot and get telemetry from there. But last I heard it wasnā€™t working that great

I am so out of touch with this, ive realised i can do separate mavlink telemetry link which i can use for control from gcs if i wish or just control from transmitter over the rc link for simple control or auto for the preloaded mission

So Iā€™m now trying to get elrs working (i did have everything running with frsky xsr and internal 4in1 but only got 200m range on water)
What menu do i find this ā€œenable CRSFā€ in yaapu, im totally confused, is it in a tool on edge rx because i only have Yaapu GCS, yaapu debug crsf and yaapu debugā€¦ I also have the expressLRS script that seems very similar to tbs agent lite. I have no idea, I canā€™t get the rc to come into flight controller, Iā€™m on a usart with prot at 23 options at 0 and tried baud at 115,57 etc etc i have rc options with ā€˜use passthrough for CRSF telemetryā€™ set on (bit 8)

From the System Menu, ā€œYAAPU Configā€ page down to ā€œEnable CRSF supportā€

In my system menu ā€˜yaapu configā€™ is not listed, i just have the yaapu gcs, yaapu debug and yaapu crsf debug, somehow i must have not installed it when adding thr yaapu lua to the sd card? But i cannot find it in the master download on git

Edit, i searched the downloads and i found it in the dev, horus type tools so it wasnā€™t part of my install as i use the taranis/q7 files for my zorro.
Iā€™ll add it in and see what happens

Nope, i get a syntax error, panel file not found, Iā€™ll have to try to find the correct config script on git. To be fair im pretty new to git so Iā€™ve stuffed it up somewhere

Hi, i dont see how i can enable this with the q7 as there is no yaapu config utilityā€¦ how did you manage this on yours?

Well on my Zorro itā€™s pretty bizarre to access the menu, maybe itā€™s the same on the q7
Press Telem button once to display Yaapu, then press RTN, then press Telem button again. That should display the menuā€¦ To exit the menu press RTN
Hope it helps

Its a zorro that im using, i will try that. I had no idea of how i got to the menu i thought it was just luck :sweat_smile:
Thanks Iā€™ll try your method now

1 Like

I have Yaapu telemetry 2.0.x dev (master) working with ArduPilot 4.4.3. All is good I have telemetry, messages display in the widget etc. However!

I donā€™t get sensors. I believe Yaapu should be giving me about 10 synthetic sensors, including an ā€œArmedā€ sensor, but I donā€™t get any. I have RSSI_TYPE = 3 and itā€™s working - RSSI is showing on the transmitter.

Is there anything I need to do to get the extra sensors to show up?

@yaapu,
I am running Arduplane 4.4.4
Tx16s with EdgeTx 2.9.2
ExpressLRS 3.3.1
Yaapu 2.X
The only issue I am encountering is that the battery voltage/cell voltage/amp are not coming thru nor the flight modes see pic attached.
Same setup on Frsky M9 and crsf is working without any issue.

I can confirm same problem on my RadioMaster. Interestingly, I saw the message below when it was armed but the main screen continue to flash ā€œDisarmedā€.