Wrong Polarity, Fried Component. Please Help

So I feel really dumb in this case. I have purchased 2 sets of these Telemetry radio sets (915MHz). And I have fried this particular component on both the Quadcopter side Radio Modules.

I was trying to connect them to a Cheerson CX-20 Quadcopter UART port, when after both times I realized the polarity wiring colors are incorrect. Hot is actually wired to black, and GND is actually wired up to Red. Go figure.

So long story short, I fried this component on both radio modules.

Now my question is this… Is there another component on either transceiver boards that I can cannibalize off of one of the boards to complete 1 functioning set?

I have two sets of both USB / Mini Molex radios. I know the one radio for the quadcopter side was partially working after partially zapping it, because it would still light up green, and flash red, but I think whatever the component was, was barely hanging on by a thread. When I removed the heat shrink, the component fell off, and now it won’t light up anymore.

What is this component? Zener Diode? Capacitor? I would like if at all possible to remove the same component from another place on the second board and replace it back on this radio that was working to make it work again.

I apologize if this post doesn’t make much sense. It is 6 in the morning, and I have been up all night working the night shift, so I am tired. If you can please help me with this problem, I would be very much grateful. :slight_smile:

Thank you. I have attached a pic. of the component that got fried. If possible, could you please show me a diagram of where there is another identical component on any of the two boards??

Thanks so much!

Silas C. - Sad I have no working Telemetry, especially after two shots at it.

[attachment=0]oops.jpg[/attachment]