Wp_yaw_behaviour not as per gps course

HELLO

WE HAD A STANDARD RECTANGLE PLAN FOR AUTOMISSION.
USUALLY DURING OUR TESTING PHASE THIS IS THE LAST TEST FLIGHT WE DO TO SEE THE ATTITUDE AND PIDS TUNING.

THIS SPECIFIC DRONE WHEN REACHING A WAYPOINT SLOWS DOWN AND THEN YAWS NOSE FACE TO NEXT WAYPOINT AND THEN PROCEEDS TO THAT WAY POINT. BUT MY REQUIRENT IS THAT IT DOES A SMOOTH TURN INSTED OF STOPPING AND DOING A YAW.

WP_YAW BEHAVIOUR IS SET TO GPS COURSE

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE WHICH PRAM AM I MISSING OUT THAT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED

LOG- 07-05-2024 - Google Drive

THANKS

Hi @sauravhobyy,

Putting the all-caps aside for the moment, it looks like you’re running Copter-4.4 so I’ve moved this discussion to the 4.4 category.

WP_YAW_BEHAVIOR is one parameter that affects this but I think you’ve already found this. I think it’s probably best to return this to the default of 2.

It may also help to make the vehicle cut the corners more by ensuring that there are no delays at the waypoints.

Then it will definitely face the next way point which is happening right now also , and I don’t want this to happen.

I want it to smoothly turn and not stop the copter. And the rectangle plan ends being a race track pattern when flown

Hi @sauravhobyy,

So I think you’re saying the core issue is the vehicle is stopping at the waypoints and the cause is probably fixed in Copter-4.5 so you could try upgrading.

A workaround to the issue is to set WPNAV_ACCEL_C to 200.