Worry-free combinations (motor-esc-battery)

Hello!

I am about to pull the trigger and buy pixhawk, but recent stories about desynced
motors and afro/simonk ESCs just worries me.

I am planning on putting together hexa and octa on pixhawk, and just dont know
which combinations to get.

I would like to hear people already flying
[ol]6-8 motors 400-600KV,
14-15" props
4-6 cells on pixhawk[/ol]
what the actually have so I can be sure not to make a mistake.

I was thinking about these motors:
hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor … duct=44466
hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor … duct=47790

Thanks everybody for your input

SimonK + High Pole Count = Sync messed. Has nothing to do with Pixhawk.
I have TGY 4822-390kV and I can’t get them to run properly with any SimonK ESC. Even not with those Hobbywing/Q-Brain 4-in-1 thingies. Plus the motors are trashy quality. The bell is made from extremely soft metal. I had a flipover on GRASS and I had dents in the bell and when I turned the screws for the prop a little bit to tight, I actually drilled out the thread…
I’m currently waiting for a bunch of RCTimer 5010-14 motors.

From what I have read on RCG, the BLHeli FW works much better with high-pole-count low-kV motors and it seems to be recently also available for ESCs with Atmel CPU. I was thinking of testing that combination at some point.

Edit:
When I compare Ferdinand K.'s results with the TGY 4225-390kV (the time record thread on RCG) with my results with the 4822-390kV, the 4822-390kV are also much less efficient. Using the same props and a build with a similar weight, my setup pulled about 50% more amps with the 4822-390kV than Ferdinand’s with the 16-pole version.

Thanks for your answer.
Then… I will get hobbywing esc

So it seams that we have a solution. Just use return ground signal wires…

Tnx for the developers!!!

That only helps for the alleged Pixhawk issues! The problem of SimonK losing sync with high pole count, low kv motors is separate.

Sent from my Ainol Novo 7 Fire using Tapatalk