Wire a DC motor controller to this trolling motor?

That controller looks properly sized, but it appears to use a switch and potentiometer for input, rather than PWM. You’re looking for something like this:

That could be a “Brushed with Relay” type of ESC which is supported. But I think you would better off using a standard Brushed ESC. Whether it’s a Roboclaw, Sabertooth or a generic RC car/truck ESC is up to you.

My mistake if the 30A controller above is actually supported. I’ve not seen that option. Still, it seems a bit small for the job.

I’m not sure that it is but directional control inputs seem to suggest it.

Do you have an actual specification document for this?

Where are you located? This might help us to help you.

Dave, I am in Argentina, precisely in a city called Trenque Lauquen, unfortunately here there is no one who has done a USV and apparently nobody is interested either, we started this project to help people who are desperately waiting for a relative or drowned friend, until now we only did it through UAV, and it occurred to me to start doing this, I am looking for the components according to the contributions that I am being given by this means and so far what I have found are these two modules that pass , There are not many components in the country and those that exist are by electronic importers who have no idea what they sell, the answer that they told me when asking about the modules was, we are importers, only data of what is exposed in the publication, And that makes it more difficult for me than it already is, I am new to this and it is all by my lungs and will, if they tell me alternatives I will look for them and go up to see if they are viable or not, if you tell me what data you need Yes, I try to pass them to you, but nothing else happens to me about the modules, what the publication says

H-bridge motor controllers with two logic inputs only work with additional hardware, like a MCU. The problem is, that two inputs need to be inversed to go from forward to reverse. “Brushed with relay” only provides one logic output. A transistor as an inverter could also work.

The other option I can have is that if someone has one of these modules, pass me the components so that we can make it ourselves, unfortunately importing it is not a viable option.

Yuri_Rage, you decide that with this device I solve according to the characteristics of the motor? On the other hand, it is compatible to connect it to any pixhawk controller, so I see how I can bring it to Argentina, apart from this controller, I would need put something else?

I’m certain that a Roboclaw or Sabretooth controller capable of ~60 amps will work. If you can find one with similar specifications, that would also work.

So far, the controllers you have shown might work, but they will require additional hardware and/or software that may cause you even more trouble, especially since you have a hard time importing anything.

thanks, I will try to see how to bring this component then,

First of all, thanks to all of you for the advice and explanations, I got the 60A roboclaw controller with an importer, now to wait for it to arrive, on the other hand I wanted to ask you if any save or had experiences with video transmission at a distance of 6 km from distance and if they can pass the type of video transmitter and receiver it would be recommended, again thanks to all

Here I pass the finished model in fiber and nautical resin

1 Like